France is magnifique
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: France is magnifique

France is magnifique

7 hours JFK to CDG, CDG to Lyon, rental car almost 3 hours to La Salette Falavaux, worth every minute.
    If not for 3 years of one meal a day, no carbs, carnivore since January I probably would never have made it up the mountain. No climbing poles, everyone has them, just a 3 year old pair of Skechers and a bottle of water, not bad for 62 years old. Anyway, I have not cleaned my glasses since I arrived the air is so clean. International cell phone plan never kicked in so I'm here with just wifi. Staying at the Basilica, a bed, a desk, a closet and a sink thats it. Toilets and a shower down the hall. Dinner is served in the cafeteria by the nuns. This is what Heaven must be like. There are more videos once you get there. Ill post more when I have decent wifi. BTW, 777-300er, those G.E. turbo fans are monsters. Soon as we were over water, the pilot hit overdrive and we launched up to 39,000 in no time, incredible machines.

https://youtu.be/wiX5QZWpavo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Sweet, thanks for posting. Glad to see you made it safely and making your way up to the cross and explaining the area. Prayers for a wonderful time to regroup and enjoy the serenity.

Right on brother, can't wait to see the vids .

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Right on brother, can't wait to see the vids .
    Larry, I'll pay for the airfare if you'll come up to the mountain top.

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Sweet, thanks for posting. Glad to see you made it safely and making your way up to the cross and explaining the area. Prayers for a wonderful time to regroup and enjoy the serenity.
    Thank you Farside, the French people are beautiful souls, always willing to help. I have not cleaned my glasses once the air is so pure. The flora, which I'll show, is unspeakable. My French interpreter, Adeline, shown in the picture has helped me tremendously. BTW the morning coffee view doesn't stink either. BTW, sent my sons the pic of me and Adeline and said she may be wife #4, haven't heard from either of them. Can't take a joke.

Looks like you’re in Gods country Mike. I’ll watch (and listen) to your video in the first post in a bit. Not needing to say, but I’m a little envious of your sabbatical.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Looks like you’re in Gods country Mike. I’ll watch (and listen) to your video in the first post in a bit. Not needing to say, but I’m a little envious of your sabbatical.
    Will,
    It was just what I needed. Alaska would have been great, it'll be better next year, but this was what I needed. The air is pure, the surroundings are pristine and the quiet is contagious. You eat what the nuns cook in the cafeteria. Not knowing the language forces you to turn inward and spend a LOT of time reading and in contemplation, very healthy.

A Heiny never tasted so good, this definitely what Heaven is like, nuns cook and serve you food and the cafe' is adjacent. Climbed up Mt Gargas again 1:01:58. I must have been off the other day, timing -wise with 2 1/2 hours, as mentioned in the video. Dont normally eat lunch but by the time I came down I was famished. 2 Jambon-Fromage sandwiches and a blueberry tart that I never had in my life, 13 euros. My only dilemna here is when to stop saying "Bon Jour" and start saying "Bon Soir". Its 9:15 here and it's still light out.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 07-10-2023 at 02:18 PM.

This guy had fun coming up the mountain with this

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    This guy had fun coming up the mountain with this
    I bet. Upside down too!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537