Well, the gravel got me yesterday
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, the gravel got me yesterday

Well, the gravel got me yesterday

Was making a low speed turn at the bottom of a drop off from a parking lot. Didn't see gravel at the base since I was watching traffic. Down goes my bike.

Pinned my right foot down under the right side. I couldn't free myself. Luckily someone saw me and my predicament and hurried over. Help pull that 840lbs off of me and my foot. My ankle is pretty 'effed up right now, swollen and black and blue. Been icing and eating G.I. candy, I may end up going to the emergency room today for an x-ray. I hope nothing is broken, hope it's just a bad sprain. Foot is feeling numb in the heel too.

That right forward engine guard took the brunt of the impact. If it wasn't there I probably would've lost my foot. Already ordered a new one from Partzilla ($215.00) Gonna go out in a bit and closely check everything else on my bike for damage, if I can hobble out that far.

Capture.JPG

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hope for a speedy recovery. It happens fast.

Ya, Thanks. I'm a hobbling around, that's for sure. Just checked my bike, looks like the right rear engine guard is bent up more than 1 inch as opposed to the left side one. Wondering if I can persuade it back down with ratchet straps. Got a small dent as well in the right front exhaust pipe cover.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Sorry to hear of the mishap. Gravel is my biggest fear as you found. Wishing for a speedy recovery, and inexpensive fix. Get the foot looked at, if it's broken you want it to heal correctly for best riding performance
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you heal quickly. I’ve laid mine down, fortunately gently, twice. Both times on slight inclines with no damage. Honda did a hellofajob with the engine guards.

Will, I don't blame you for ordering a brand new guard, that bike is too pretty to ride around with a scuff like that, even though you may be able to straighten it, somewhat.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

They just chip & sealed the road at my house.
    Loose stone scares the crap out of me.
    Hope your foot isn’t too bad.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Wishing you a speedy recovery ��

Ouch! I hate gravel. I went down years ago on my Valkyrie IS taking a slow speed right turn. Hit a pile of gravel at maybe 5 mph so the guards did their job well. Walked away just embarrassed. Really sorry to hear and hope you got just a sprain and will be back riding soon.

Well, was seen by Urgent Care yesterday, got me a small chipped fracture of the anterior of the Talus. Foot is pretty well swelled up now and very difficult to walk on. I don't think I'll be riding anytime soon.

Capture.JPG

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537