Never, EVER, EVER...

Thread: Never, EVER, EVER...

Never, EVER, EVER...

Hide your motorcycle, and car keys, so well before you go away that you've spent 6 whole days looking for them and have yet to find them. The upside is you threw away clothes, books and electronics that you haven't worn, read or used in years. If anyone gives advice like "Where was the last place you remember seeing them" or "Have you looked in the most obvious places" I have 2 words for you and they aren't "Bon Jour". The quest continues.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 07-21-2023 at 01:01 PM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Next time send yourself an email with location or more securely, just create a note entry on your cell phone.

I found them, used a fool proof method, turned a glass over in front of my St Anthony statue and used the old reliable "Dear St. Anthony, please come around: something is lost, and it cannot be found.". Why I didn't use it before I'll never know. The keys were inside the 12 All Clad Skillet that had the cover on. I did open that drawer but never took the lid off, till now.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    LMAO....

I just returned from a 18 day trip in Europe as well. now I need a vacation from my vacation, i'm tired.

I Parked my car at the airport, so I took my car and front door keys with me, the 2nd set of keys I just left them in the car glove box. The car has anti-theft security features, the airport has security surveillance, local police all over the airport watching for suspicious characters and barriers to prevent anyone from leaving without paying for parking, not worried about car theft with keys in the glove box. Back-up set of keys are in my safe deposit box that I have at my Bank.

Glad you had a great trip and found your keys.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    LMAO....

I just returned from a 18 day trip in Europe as well. now I need a vacation from my vacation, i'm tired.

I Parked my car at the airport, so I took my car and front door keys with me, the 2nd set of keys I just left them in the car glove box. The car has anti-theft security features, the airport has security surveillance, local police all over the airport watching for suspicious characters and barriers to prevent anyone from leaving without paying for parking, not worried about car theft with keys in the glove box. Back-up set of keys are in my safe deposit box that I have at my Bank.

Glad you had a great trip and found your keys.
    This is what happens when you're too lazy to open the safe. If my father was here he'd say to me "You paid an idiot tax".

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Next time send yourself an email with location or more securely, just create a note entry on your cell phone.
    Kudos

Losing keys. How coincidental this thread. After I nursed myself and my bike home after my low speed off and foot crushing event, I came to discover Wednesday that I couldn't find my key or the electronic saddlebag key fob that was attached to it. Absolute mystery towards where they are. I've looked everywhere multiple times, even went through the last three bags of trash that were waiting for pickup; in the event I absentmindedly threw them away. They are NOWHERE to be found.

So had another key cut from my spare, and looks like I'm putting the manual saddlebag lock mechanisms back in. I can't chance losing the last key fob remote and the guy that used to make them (electric F6B saddlebag openers from MBDLinnovations) is no longer on this mortal coil.
    Last edited by willtill; 07-22-2023 at 05:17 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Losing keys. How coincidental this thread. After I nursed myself and my bike home after my low speed off and foot crushing event, I came to discover Wednesday that I couldn't find my key or the electronic saddlebag key fob that was attached to it. Absolute mystery towards where they are. I've looked everywhere multiple times, even went through the last three bags of trash that were waiting for pickup; in the event I absentmindedly threw them away. They are NOWHERE to be found.

So had another key cut from my spare, and looks like I'm putting the manual saddlebag lock mechanisms back in. I can't chance losing the last key fob remote and the guy that used to make them (electric F6B saddlebag openers from MBDLinnovations) is no longer on this mortal coil.
    Sucks getting old

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Sucks getting old
    ..and fat. Keerist, I put on 7 pounds since last Monday. Because I'm practically immobile and can't burn calories. And the grass needs to be cut. Which I can't right now.

Will be reducing caloric intake until I can get off my derriere and get back to normal.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537