Fresh meat!

Thread: Fresh meat!

Fresh meat!

Fresh Meat!!! 195/55R-16 Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol Serie 3 Run Flat

Just got it mounted and balanced on my spare Goldwing wheel for $41.00, I'll probably be mounting it on my bike early next week. I bet I still could get 3,000 miles out of the current car tire.

The current Michelin Alpine Primacy 3 run flat has 20K on it.
    Last edited by willtill; 08-22-2023 at 07:34 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Looks good. I've got to check my tires and complete an oil change before Franklin.

Ya, I just checked it a little close today. I have a hint of air seeping from the air stem (T-stem) on the rim. I wish I had asked the guy to check the securing nut and locking nut tightness before he mounted the tire. Now I gotta take it back to him so he can break the bead and hopefully get in the rim and tighten the locknuts on the inside for the T-Stem.

Also noticed that I had sustained a rather hard impact/abrasion to my right front tire, on the outer edge. I'm not sure how or where that happened... but I am a little unnerved by it. Am not sure it's just superficial damage or there's more damage within the tire's carcass I just mounted this new front bridgestone not too long ago.

It's not leaking when apply soapy water.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Well I have to take the tire/wheel back to the tech. Seems that the T-stem is foaming ever so slightly around the base. The wheel has sat unused for the past 6 years in my shed, and I am wondering if the T-stem gasket(s) are dried out. Or if something more nefarious is ongoing with the wheel itself. There seems to be corrosion forming under the paint that I applied, when I had ground the nub off so it would fit.

Ain't putting a new tire with a leaking valve stem on my bike. Last Sunday I ordered two more T-stems from Wingstuff.com, lord knows when they'll ship them and I get them.

Front tire has me a bit worried too. Not having confidence in it right now...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537