Back to Bridgestones

Thread: Back to Bridgestones

Back to Bridgestones

Last month, before two long rides, I changed my tires. My front, an Avon, had good tread left, but developed this massive bulge. Luckily this was 2 miles from home, not on the 'Loneliest Road in America'! Avon's QC could use some improvement.

Yep. Another member here had the same thing happen to him a few years ago, when we were gathering for a F6B rally. Avon's in this instance, as well. I wouldn't put an Avon if it was given to me.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Many Valkyrie owners have had similar experiences. However when they don't blow up, they're a good, long lasting tire. I've ridden my 2 Valkyries 110,000 and 179,000 miles, and run Avons most of the time. Mileage was always great, with the fronts lasting over 20,000 miles. The only tire that ever failed was the OEM Dunlop. So many of those failed that they got the nickname 'Dunflops'.

I have Bridgestone on my 98 Valkyrie and my F6B. I haven't had any issues with my Bridgestone at all. Good miles and great ride for me!

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    I have Bridgestone on my 98 Valkyrie and my F6B. I haven't had any issues with my Bridgestone at all. Good miles and great ride for me!
    I already replaced the rear on my Valkyrie Interstate with a Bridgestone and will soon order a BS front. One other factor is price. All tires have had huge increases, but Bridgestones are still less than the others, except for Shinko. I've been tempted to try those as they get decent reviews.

Run a car tire on the back. Half the price, 4 times the longevity. No decrease in performance and/or safety.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I already replaced the rear on my Valkyrie Interstate with a Bridgestone and will soon order a BS front. One other factor is price. All tires have had huge increases, but Bridgestones are still less than the others, except for Shinko. I've been tempted to try those as they get decent reviews.
    Honestly I've been using the shinko on my rear for a while now and it's been great, haven't had any issues with it...although I'm strongly considering going to the darkside after this.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Run a car tire on the back. Half the price, 4 times the longevity. No decrease in performance and/or safety.
    I’ll attest to that. Ran a CT on my VTX1800, My 2014 Valkyrie and now the B. CT.jpg