Key West Rally 2024 - Interest?

Thread: Key West Rally 2024 - Interest?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Key West Rally 2024 - Interest?

We talked about this briefly at last year's rally so I am throwing this out for consideration. Looking to gauge any interest in making Key West a rally destination for 2024. We could potentially schedule to coincide with Biketoberfest in Daytona, October 17-20. Potential schedule for consideration/discussion could be as follows:

• Ride down and enjoy the bike week festivities and vendors that Thursday and Friday
    • Depart early Saturday morning for Key West
    • Travel back up to Homestead for an overnight stay

Just some random thoughts on an alternate trip since we have ridden the Franklin NC area repeatedly. Open discussion and input warranted and welcome.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Jeff,

We did this several years ago during the Spring Daytona Biketoberfest. It was a little chilli back then but warmed up once we reached the Miami area.
    Very nice easy ride, once in Key West, we ate a great lunch at a converted gas station, we took a group photo on the Pier with a cruise ship docked in the background (I think we had 14 - 15 bikes).
    Did the photo with mile marker 1 and the furthest Southern Point in the USA. Afterwards we headed back up around 3:00pm, we stopped near Homestead FL. where we spent the night, we ate at a great restaurant there as well.

Being in the fall, temperatures will be between 70 - 85 degrees. I'm putting this on my calendar, I plan on doing this ride

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Great idea, hope you get some takers. Our group was down there in September '21, was still SO hot. Ate at an amazing Cuban restaurant. unnamed.jpg