ADJUSTABLE HAND WINGS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADJUSTABLE HAND WINGS

ADJUSTABLE HAND WINGS

Has anyone used the adjustable hand wings on the F6B yet. I rode in 28 degree temps on Christmas day and the only things that were frozen were my hands in gloves. Do these things work on the F6B and what do they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    Has anyone used the adjustable hand wings on the F6B yet. I rode in 28 degree temps on Christmas day and the only things that were frozen were my hands in gloves. Do these things work on the F6B and what do they look like.
    Love my Baker Wings. Really helps with air at hands. Bakers come in dark or clear. They rotate from the bottom of the mirrors. Look on Wing Stuff..
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

I have had mine installed for a little over a week now and they are fantastic. I bought the dark tint, they look like they could have come with the bike to me. Prior to getting the Baker Hand Wings my heated grips all the way on full blast didn't even feel slightly warm once the temps dipped to the low 30's. This morning I rode in at 33 degrees with the grips on medium and everything was peachy.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    I have had mine installed for a little over a week now and they are fantastic. I bought the dark tint, they look like they could have come with the bike to me. Prior to getting the Baker Hand Wings my heated grips all the way on full blast didn't even feel slightly warm once the temps dipped to the low 30's. This morning I rode in at 33 degrees with the grips on medium and everything was peachy.
    What he said. I have to think they will also be great in warm temps. this summer, directing air towards the rider. I bought my bike in September. I have no idea how hot, or not, the F6B is in high temperatures. So far one of the best accessories I have ever bought.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I have to think they will also be great in warm temps. this summer, directing air towards the rider. I bought my bike in September. I have no idea how hot, or not, the F6B is in high temperatures.
    It's ~warm~ regarding your chest area if you have a taller shield... Yes, the wings do help with that.

Also moves air under/across your arms/wrists in Summer. I have the National Cycle version.

What everybody else said.

Got dark tint Baker's and they work great @ keeping a fair amount of wind off hands & upper body.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    It's ~warm~ regarding your chest area if you have a taller shield... Yes, the wings do help with that.

Also moves air under/across your arms/wrists in Summer. I have the National Cycle version.
    So between these, and my adjustable Madstad, I should be good to go when it gets hot!

Just to add: I have used both the Baker hand wings and wings with lowers. Spoke with Baker before ordering. They said that the same wings that work on the GL 1800 will work on the F6B. Definitely reduces wind. I also just got First Gear heated glove liners and will try out soon. Got both from Wingstuff. Hoping the liners will work with my heated jacket. will keep you posted. hope this helps! ncf6b

I just choose not to ride in 30 degree weather :icon_LOL: i've actually had several sets of these and they really work as advertised I highly recommend them. Me personally I have my Victory Vision as well so when it's really cold I just ride that if i have to. I like the F6 for just that, more wind, more free feeling, it's nice to have two bikes

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    So between these, and my adjustable Madstad, I should be good to go when it gets hot!
    I recently got the Madstad. Had the wings for a little while before,,,

Been working w/Madstad regarding a little helmet flutter I can't seem to get rid of unless I fully close the wings,,, Actually planning on removing the wings this weekend to see what difference it makes.

Need a wind tunnel to see which way every little bit of wind is moving. Wouldn't surprise me if the summer and winter combinations may require 'different approach's'

In winter, the mirror wings by themselves are excellent for keeping the wind off your hands and also for assisting to keep some wind off your knees/legs.

Not so sure I want to ride w/o them in the winter now that I know how much I like 'em!!! LOL!!!