I'm considering updating to a new F6B

Thread: I'm considering updating to a new F6B

I'm considering updating to a new F6B

I have a 2015 F6B and I love it. It only has about 25,000 miles on it and it runs beautifully and has been ultra reliable. I'm the second owner and have had it for about 4 years. But I'd really like to have the electronic features provided by the new F6B's, which Honda calls Goldwing Sport Touring bikes. And I want to stick with a manual transmission rather than the dual clutch.

My problem has been no dealer within a few hundred miles of me has a 2024 (or 2023) F6B for me to look at. I'm reluctant to order a new bike that I've never seen in person. I'm not real sure that I'll like the only color option for 2024 so I want to see one!

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Greetings. Ya, personally I wouldn't drop that type of coins without a touch and feel as well. Hope you find a way, and it exceeds your expectations, until then enjoy what you have
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

If you can afford it go for it I personally don’t think it’s worth $20,000 plus my bike. I don’t think you can get the manual transmission on 2024 sport Goldwing anymore. You would need to find a used one or a leftover with manual. Good luck.

They brought back the manual for 24. Manuals were not available for 22/23 model Gold Wings. Last summer I had been searching for a 21 6 speed manual in the two tone gray/ black. In July I came across a 2018 6 speed in red with 13,xxx miles. I really wanted a 21 in my preferred color. After doing a nationwide search and looking at prices I came to the conclusion that the only real difference was the seat and color and price. The price difference between the two is what sealed the deal on buying the 2018 non tour. The plus after the sale was that I discovered that the previous owner had purchased the bike new just under 3 years ago. So I decided that it was prudent to purchase the Honda extended 5 year warranty. My hope is that I wasted that money. If not I will be happy I have it.

A friend has a 2021 automatic and it left him stranded four or five times. Transmission would shift into gear, so they finally figured out the problem and he went and bought the five year warranty before his three warranty ran out other than that he loves the bike.

I have the money, and have no children to leave anything to, so why not spend it on a new F6B! I definately want a manual transmission and the new flat green color seems like it would be OK. I love my flat grey because I have a tendency to ride over the speed limit and don't want to stand out any more than necessary. Hopefully the flat green wouldn't stand out too much.

The reason for wanting the new bike is because of the convenience of the electronics. I lead a lot of group rides and usually on two lane rural roads, so having the navigation would be convenient and I'm always listening to "Oldies" on XM when riding.

Just looked at the flat green and it looks really good! When you find one and like it, buy it and enjoy the ride.

If you are going to depend on the bikes GPS you may want to do a deep dive on the Honda GPS. I tried to work with it for about 2 weeks and then purchased a Garmin XP.

It may be an old superstition but Green on a bike tends to be bad luck. I was advised of this about two weeks after I took delivery of my Green 1975 Honda CB550. I contributed to this superstition a few weeks later when I hit something slippery on an exit ramp and ran off the road. All was fine until I hit a drainage ditch that I couldn't see because it was overgrown with grass. Messed up the bike and my chin. (open face helmet with plastic face shield) The only lucky thing was I was on my way home from looking at my new 1975 RED Goldwing which had just came in the day before. Picked it up two days later!
    Just an observation...