I've given up on buying a new Goldwing

Thread: I've given up on buying a new Goldwing

I've given up on buying a new Goldwing

I have a 2015 F6B that looks and runs great. I have the Madstat windshield a custom seat, good road pegs, and have it set up to blue tooth Sirius XM to the SMH10 in my helmet. So nothing not to like. But I was still interested in considering a new Goldwing (non-touring) with a manual transmission (yes they again have them for 2024). And I like the flat green color, the only color available in 2024.

My problem has been Honda dealers. There are 3 within 90 minutes of my house. The first dealer said he was actually getting a 2024 with a manual transmission in about a week. I left him my card and asked him to let me know when it came in. 6 weeks later I called the dealership and found out that it had arrived a month ago. I let them know that I would be coming to look it over the following day. When I got there the manager (who I had talked with) took the day off, and no one bothered to ask me if they could help me when I came in. The bike was crammed on the side between two other bikes and they hadn't even put a battery in it or taken the plastic wrapper off of the electrical stuff where you hook in your I-phone. I finally had someone speak to me and I asked for a detailed out the door price. In addition to the MSRP they added a dealer set up of $500 and a transportation fee of $1,700. And they were unwilling to negotiate those items.

The second dealer I went to said that they only produced 2024 Goldwings with DCT transmissions. I asked if they were sure of that and I was assured by the sales manager that I would have to get a DCT if I wanted a 2024 Goldwing.

The third dealer had no one bother to ask me what I was interested in. I spent about 1/2 hour looking at bikes and saw what I thought were salesmen talking together and one was helping another customer, then walked back to his desk. But none of them even approached me to offer assistance.

If they don't want my business I'll just hang on to my F6B and ride the tires off of it. But it is disappointing because Honda dealers used to be so customer oriented, but oh well, things change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have never paid that dealer prep BS on the multitude of new bikes that I ever bought. Obviously, Honda dealers by you are starting to get like Harley dealers. If you're buying new find a dealer who actually knows what customer service is, wherever he is located, fly out to it ride it home. Then do the 5000 mile service by the local dealer who ignored you and when they ask you why you didn't buy it there just tell them you ignored them the way they ignored you.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Sometimes if you are a cash customer they will shun you as well. No longer is cash king, they make a ton off the loan. If you really want this, keep looking, you will find the right dealer. Good luck.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

So sounds like they all need a customer service overhaul. Sorry way to do business. I'd wait for a nice used one but that's me. Good luck

There’s a huge Honda dealer in Cedarburg, Wisconsin When I walk in all the salesman are in front of the computer doing online buying and selling I think, and they hardly look up at you. There’s a girl at the door that does say hi and goodbye. You have to go to them and ask prices. It seems like most of them don’t know cycles but know computers. They must be doing well because they just built a huge new store and converted the old store to outdoor sports adventure store. The only good thing about the store is when they sell their old stock it’s at 50 to 90% off so I do pick up expensive gloves, helmets and boots for a few dollars.

I have had similar experiences here in North Carolina. The general attitude of every Honda dealer within 100 miles of my home is that they are doing you a favour just to even allow you in the front door, much less actually speak to you. If absolutely forced.....they will dictate whatever price they wish and you will keep your damned mouth shut except to say 'Thank you oh so much'. Even the parts counters are oblivious.

The local Indian dealer treats me better than anyone at any of the Honda houses.....and he knows Im really just there to gawk and have no real interest in buying anything other than a soda out of his machine.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

The Honda dealers around here are more than happy to assist a customer looking for a bike and the parts dept are very helpful too.I'm sorry to hear of those issues south of me.
    2013 F6B in black of course