I've given up on buying a new Goldwing

Thread: I've given up on buying a new Goldwing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've given up on buying a new Goldwing

I have a 2015 F6B that looks and runs great. I have the Madstat windshield a custom seat, good road pegs, and have it set up to blue tooth Sirius XM to the SMH10 in my helmet. So nothing not to like. But I was still interested in considering a new Goldwing (non-touring) with a manual transmission (yes they again have them for 2024). And I like the flat green color, the only color available in 2024.

My problem has been Honda dealers. There are 3 within 90 minutes of my house. The first dealer said he was actually getting a 2024 with a manual transmission in about a week. I left him my card and asked him to let me know when it came in. 6 weeks later I called the dealership and found out that it had arrived a month ago. I let them know that I would be coming to look it over the following day. When I got there the manager (who I had talked with) took the day off, and no one bothered to ask me if they could help me when I came in. The bike was crammed on the side between two other bikes and they hadn't even put a battery in it or taken the plastic wrapper off of the electrical stuff where you hook in your I-phone. I finally had someone speak to me and I asked for a detailed out the door price. In addition to the MSRP they added a dealer set up of $500 and a transportation fee of $1,700. And they were unwilling to negotiate those items.

The second dealer I went to said that they only produced 2024 Goldwings with DCT transmissions. I asked if they were sure of that and I was assured by the sales manager that I would have to get a DCT if I wanted a 2024 Goldwing.

The third dealer had no one bother to ask me what I was interested in. I spent about 1/2 hour looking at bikes and saw what I thought were salesmen talking together and one was helping another customer, then walked back to his desk. But none of them even approached me to offer assistance.

If they don't want my business I'll just hang on to my F6B and ride the tires off of it. But it is disappointing because Honda dealers used to be so customer oriented, but oh well, things change.
    Attached Images Attached Images