Time to change the air cleaner

Thread: Time to change the air cleaner

Time to change the air cleaner

I finally changed my air cleaner.
    We plan on changing it last year with a friend who has a Goldwing. We finally did it the other day.
    I did mine once before, the friend never worked on his he always took it in for maintenance and repair.
    We started about 9:30am and stopped at 5:00. We worked steady but not fast.
    We would watch a YouTube video stop it and go and do what they did. I would do mine and then we would do his, he has a 2008 with the radio on top.
    The worst part was taking the wire connections apart.
    Really went pretty good no real issues.
    We were pretty much done but w e finished up the next day.
    Here’s my filter with 41,000 miles on it I guess it needed to be done.

I did mine last month, I just followed along with the iPad, took 3 hours. I have 35k, did not look as bad as yours. I plan to get another 35k. I've changed out everything but plugs and fork oil. Most say don't bother with fork oil. Plugs will be done soon, I need to pull one and see what is in there.
    Glad you had a productive good day with your friend
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

It's ridiculous how difficult Honda made that job. Thankfully they last a very long time. The Air filter do's and don't's article posted here on the Garage board is also very helpful.

Years ago I had a V65 Sabre that required removing and draining the radiator to adjust the valves. It took even longer.

Done the filter change 4 times. Gets easier. Best advice is to cut that little clip that locks the big electrical connectors together. Then future changes are a breeze.
    That clip is not needed. Those connectors will not come apart if you clip the tab off. Did my 1st at the Honda recommended milage. Wasted time. Now go about 30K between changes.