NEW F6B rear Differential, $100 on Flea-Bay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW F6B rear Differential, $100 on Flea-Bay

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

NEW F6B rear Differential, $100 on Flea-Bay

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is a CHEAP spare Rear Differential ... these tend to fail between 80,000 and 180,000 miles. If you plan on keeping your F6B for a long time, then I would pick this up and just store it, the factory F6B Black ones rarely show up on E-bay, the silver ones are abundant from the Trike shops. I have one and for $100 - $125 ... it was an easy decision for me. A new one from Honda Retails around $1,500

If you are under warranty or have the Extended Honda Warranty when it fails then don't sweat it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GL1800-GL-18...7fde27&vxp=mtr

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

They have a silver one for $50 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GL1800-GL-18...item2586473708
    Ok he's done

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    They have a silver one for $50 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GL1800-GL-18...item2586473708

Item condition is listed as USED, yet they claim 0 miles on it .... need to see additional photos to confirm

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    FWIW, I picked up a swingarm/diff/rear brake rotor/Caliper/rear pads/Rear wheel/rear tire when I purchased my 6,,, All new/trike pull-offs. (Silver)

Honestly hoping I won't need anything more than the tire/pads, but,,,, buying all that stuff piece by piece from Honda would give ya a heart attack!!!

Guess who's house it's going to????

Don't trip over yourselves to buy these as long as there are trikes there will be trike builders begging for customers to take them
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Don't trip over yourselves to buy these as long as there are trikes there will be trike builders begging for customers to take them
    Your right...I have a long long time before I may need one. I bought the extended warranty so I;m good for a while...buts after it runs out and I have 150,000 or more and I need it...It cost $125.00 now but what will it cost then and will you be able to find a new one or just someone's old used worn out one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Your right...I have a long long time before I may need one. I bought the extended warranty so I;m good for a while...buts after it runs out and I have 150,000 or more and I need it...It cost $125.00 now but what will it cost then and will you be able to find a new one or just someone's old used worn out one!!

X2

Even though by LAW, Honda is required to make parts available for 10 years after a motorcycle model is discontinued, and since there are over 300,000 GL1800's world wide that will continue to run long after all of those trike take offs dry out ... these rear drives will be costly to replace. They only take up 1 - 2 square feet in a attic or your garage. Just sayin

Cool

I think they are sayin if installed it is not new in the box ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I think its a great deal. But I wonder, where does it stop? Do I buy all the parts to put the bike back together for those "just in case moments" when things go wrong? Like should I buy saddle bags? Maybe a set of handle bars? Maybe an engine if its cheap? I'll just store everything in my garage. And when I blow the tranny, I know its in isle 3-shelf 4-right side. When I reach the 100,000 mile mark, I think I'll just buy a brand new bike and start over. I can see buying a glovebox cover or maybe a side cover since the tabs brake easy. Or a bag of those silly push pin rivets that hold stuff together. But like I said, where does it stop?? I'd like to think I bought the best bike in the world and I'm hoping for the best. I guess everyone has a different view on it and it's cool.