NEW F6B rear Differential, $100 on Flea-Bay - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW F6B rear Differential, $100 on Flea-Bay

In the time I have worked with Wings I think I have only read of 2 being changed out the part is all but indestrucable

From every new trike one is removed and stuck on a trike builders shelf there are thousands of them brand new or as near as new sitting that will never be used
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post

From every new trike one is removed and stuck on a trike builders shelf there are thousands of them brand new or as near as new sitting that will never be used
    There are a lot of them out there!! Every time HOR runs a batch of trikes, the have stacks of 'em.

Figuring what I paid for all the stuff I listed above, minus what I would expect to pay for the tire and brake pads alone, the rest (swingarm {w/bearings}, rotor, caliper, rear diff, rear wheel) was obtained for ~$125~.

If prior bikes I've owned are an indication, I'll most likely will have the 6 for several sets of tires and a set of pads. After that,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    I think its a great deal. But I wonder, where does it stop? Do I buy all the parts to put the bike back together for those "just in case moments" when things go wrong? Like should I buy saddle bags? Maybe a set of handle bars? Maybe an engine if its cheap? I'll just store everything in my garage. And when I blow the tranny, I know its in isle 3-shelf 4-right side. When I reach the 100,000 mile mark, I think I'll just buy a brand new bike and start over. I can see buying a glovebox cover or maybe a side cover since the tabs brake easy. Or a bag of those silly push pin rivets that hold stuff together. But like I said, where does it stop?? I'd like to think I bought the best bike in the world and I'm hoping for the best. I guess everyone has a different view on it and it's cool.
    Gotta agree with this. When/if I hit 100K I'll most likely want another damn bike and put this guy out to pasture. I don't think they're handing out any awards for rolling the most miles on a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    I don't think they're handing out any awards for rolling the most miles on a motorcycle.

Russ, are you sure about that? PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Russ, are you sure about that? PM sent.

I speak for the tribe of mere Mortal Men

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    I speak for the tribe of mere Mortal Men
    I'm part of that group I guess.