kury glove box cubby - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kury glove box cubby

I would think there would be more options for a touring oriented rig like the GL platform but...
    There are handle bar mounts but I like things a little more centered so I mounted my GPS cradle to the glove box. Wiring is hidden nicely too. I bought an extra cover for $30 but like the gps. I plan on velcro holding my waterproof phone case on the right side fairing when I go on trips.
    Click image for larger version.

Several have put a ram mount on the cubby, some have bought and extra just to use with a GPS.... ooopps...pics did not come...hang on...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    No can do on the cubby cover,, I need to keep a hat handy to contain my helmet hair!
    Try tucking your hat down your back between your belt. Opens up the glove/cubby.
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I would think there would be more options for a touring oriented rig like the GL platform but...
    There are handle bar mounts but I like things a little more centered so I mounted my GPS cradle to the glove box. Wiring is hidden nicely too. I bought an extra cover for $30 but like the gps. I plan on velcro holding my waterproof phone case on the right side fairing when I go on trips.
    Click image for larger version.

Several have put a ram mount on the cubby, some have bought and extra just to use with a GPS.... ooopps...pics did not come...hang on...
    I can tell that I could mount to the OEM cover, but want the drink holder and like the idea that I could insert/remove one accessory at a time with the small covers on the kuryakyn cubby, just can't tell if the accessory is strong enough to support my intended usage.

I just removed mine in favor of going back to the original glove box. I just needed something with more storage room than the cubby offered. I am getting another drink holder to take the place of the one that was in the cubby. I'll still use the cubby some times but I like the glove box better now.

I have the gloss black one, I don't use it. Been on the bike for maybe 3 days. I think it runs $70+, I'll sell mine for $45 plus shipping. Here is a pic.

Attachment 7098
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I also just bought one of those three-holer plus a USB port accessories which I think I will install in my glove box now. At least it seems there will be room for it in there as opposed to the left pocket.

Sent my Kury cubby back, just didn't like the looks and the rubber pop outs were hard to get at,rendering it 66 % useless to me. So to get around the lock on the cubby, I just cut down a key, stuck it under a Radio Shack radio knob and added a velcro hinge for instant access to the cubby/water bottle while riding. Works great and keeps the profile of the tank clean (too many years on Harley's, it's gotta look good to me).
    Special thanks to the guy who posted this mod, it works great!
    ss^,
    Ken

Bought the black Kury cubby. Like the pockets & the drink holder, hate the cheesy ass cover. Fits terribly loose definitely won't seal moisture worth a crap.
    Soooo.... I hacked a 3 1/8 hole {drink holder size} in the stock cover & even though I still need to find something to finish dress the hole it still looks better than the Cheesy-akyn rig.

My camera has conked out, but I'll post some pics soon.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.