Quick Fix for iPod in Saddlebag
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Fix for iPod in Saddlebag

Quick Fix for iPod in Saddlebag

So like many who use an iPod or iPhone for your music the connector in the saddlebag was kinda poorly thought out. It should have been in the pocket like just about every other bike out there. So I needed a solution and while cleaning today had an epiphany.

What you'll need:

Some sort of case with a holster. Just about any hard case and holster will do. i used an old OtterBox I had that fit an iPhone 4S which is one of my old decommissioned phones. Loaded up all my music on it and stuck it in the OtterBox.

Velcro - it's like duct tape almost you can use it for so much stuff.

Instructions:
    For the best fit I took the clip off the holster. Put velcro on the holster and stuck it to the niche in the center of the saddlebag. Done. Insert phone and plug in, works great!

I move this between my two bikes so this was a great solution and it kept it from sliding all over the saddlebag or putting stuff on top of it, etc.

Hope that helps, nice quick fix and everything is out of the way!

Awesome idea!!. Now if I can only get my iphone 5s working there, I'd do it. Funny my wife's 5 works but not my 5s. Got to be something different in the 5s.
    P.S. I'm using my ipad mini in saddle with no problem.

A Great Idea

Thanks for sharing A very easy and creative idea

Thanks guys... I thought that spot would work well too since I plan on getting the saddlebag liners this would allow it to sit behind them and not interfere.

Interesting to hear the 5S doesn't work. I had thought about buying the 6' cable and somehow running it to the front of the bike but after further review that seemed like a lot of work lol. This will do. I can even tether it to my iPhone 5S if I want to play iTunes music or Pandora or something like that. Still it would be nice to not have to open the bag to make changes. Oh well minor inconvenience...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Apple,,, / Micro,,,,,

Would be nice if these 2 could 'play together' a bit more nicely,,,,

Great idea! I wish Honda had created a small shelf or something for an iPod. I saw on the Honda website they now have a pouch for MP3 players.

I simply load music on a Sandisk Micro USB key.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    I simply load music on a Sandisk Micro USB key.
    Can you load music on one of those from iTunes? Will it know your playlists and stuff like that?

I typically use iTunes but I don't believe I created the disc from within the iTunes app. I will test this in the morning but I think I simply went to the actual iTunes library folder and copied the files directly to the USB key. And yes, playlist data is retained and shows on the screen. I'll revisit it in the morning and advise.

I did the same thing when I first got the bike. I leave one of my old iPhones in there full time. Although it has no service, I leave the wifi on, so that when it is parked in the garage it will grab my wireless and update my music library.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rick
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    2013 F6B
    2004 Rune
    1999 Valkryie