Quick Fix for iPod in Saddlebag - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Fix for iPod in Saddlebag

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    I simply load music on a Sandisk Micro USB key.
    Same here, using MPEG format. >$20 and stays in bike 24/7.

It is weird that every phone I use there works flawlessly, except my 5s. Does anyone else have a 5s and have problems? I'm wondering if the extra chip for the fingerprint is getting in the way somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikrok View Post
    I did the same thing when I first got the bike. I leave one of my old iPhones in there full time. Although it has no service, I leave the wifi on, so that when it is parked in the garage it will grab my wireless and update my music library.
    Yup same here! Works great! I imagine any kind of pouch works great too. Just velcro to the back wall in that little niche that's there and your good to go.

As for the Mini SD or USB route, i'm always updating music and playlists so I like the auto update on the iPhone since I do everything in iTunes...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I must be getting old,,, Haven't heard a new song that was worthy of a download in,,, well,,, Pretty much have all my 'old' stuff stored already,,,

By todays standards, I'm 'old school', No twitter, flitter, E-book, F-book, Skype, Text,,, Heck, I don't even CALL anyone hardly!! LOL!!

I remember one ride I took with a buddy,,, stopped for lunch and he was tinkering with his phone. Asked him what he was doing,,, "Checking his F-book" .... I'm thinkin' WTF?? Mr. Burly biker worried about F-BOOK while he's out riding!!???!!!

I rate F-book right up there with the stick-figure family's that folks paste on their rear windows,,, (Apparently, somebody thinks somebody cares. )

Stranger still, some of those very same folks moan about 'da gubberment' watching them,,,,,

Is it any wonder I yearn to load up the bike and ride out in the middle of B-Fuk for days,,, BY MYSELF???!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I must be getting old,,, Haven't heard a new song that was worthy of a download in,,, well,,, Pretty much have all my 'old' stuff stored already,,,

By todays standards, I'm 'old school', No twitter, flitter, E-book, F-book, Skype, Text,,, Heck, I don't even CALL anyone hardly!! LOL!!

I remember the last ride I took with a buddy,,, stopped for dinner and he was tinkering with his phone. Asked him what he was doing,,, "Checking his F-book" .... I'm thinkin' WTF?? Mr. Burly dressed in leather worried about F-BOOK while he's out riding!!???!!!

I rate F-book right up there with the stick-figure family's that folks paste on their rear windows,,,

Apparently, somebody thinks somebody cares.

Is it any wonder I load up the bike and solo out in the middle of B-Fuk for days,,, BY MYSELF???!!!???

that's pretty funny. I work in technology and software so I appreciate it for the convenience it can be (and nuisance sometimes). I try too leverage things like auto updates, etc. For me I have 4 people downloading music on my iTunes account so there is always something new that shows up, throw it in a playlist and everything updates. Love it.

As for the rest of social media I still abstain from all the above you mentioned, won't find me on any of them. I've had the same phone number for 15 years anyone that wants to find me knows how to find me, otherwise tough

Bobbyf6b, what I do is pretty straightforward. I copy the MP3 files out of iTunes onto the key. I don't worry about playlists per se but I know they are3 separated into albums as all of the song data including Album, Artist, Title stays with the file. You can find the files in Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music. Just grab the artist folder and copy to the key.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    Bobbyf6b, what I do is pretty straightforward. I copy the MP3 files out of iTunes onto the key. I don't worry about playlists per se but I know they are3 separated into albums as all of the song data including Album, Artist, Title stays with the file. You can find the files in Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music. Just grab the artist folder and copy to the key.
    Cool, thanks. Sounds like a great alternative.

I did something similar. I took a blackberry case and put Velcro (or, as they called it in jumpmaster school, hook and pile tape fasteners) and stuck it up top on the front side of the saddlebag, near where the USB comes out. I got a gen 3 Nano that I just leave in ther permanently with a riding playlist on shuffle.

You can use the 'Export' feature in iTunes to load your songs onto a thumb drive without issue, it groups music by albums and artiest in folders but will not export song info or playlists, if you have a lot of music be sure to use a good quality fast drive light a Kingston and not one of the cheap ones as the bike will not read it.
    Here is a better idea, I used a 5vdc (usb) powered Bluetooth music receiver (1.5" square) velcro'ed under the left side pocket and plugged into the AUX connector with a 'Y' cable. Now I can just pair my phone to it and play any music on it thru the Aux channel on the stereo. Do the same with an iPOD. I can still plug in another audio device to the other 'leg' of the cable if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
    Here is a better idea, I used a 5vdc (usb) powered Bluetooth music receiver (1.5" square) velcro'ed under the left side pocket and plugged into the AUX connector with a 'Y' cable. Now I can just pair my phone to it and play any music on it thru the Aux channel on the stereo. Do the same with an iPOD. I can still plug in another audio device to the other 'leg' of the cable if needed.
    Genius! I never thought of that. I'm stopping by Best Buy tomorrow to look at them. They're only like $30. Stored music, Pandora, whatever you want. Nice!