New owner?

Thread: New owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

1,684 miles

I'm 5'4" with that 29 inch inseam.

I can almost flat foot it with 3/4" heels on my riding boots, after I shaved a bit of the foam off from the seat (first major modification). I am planning on a custom seat down the road (pun!) a ways. I am also going to get a set of risers to pull the handle grips further back.

For handling, it is somewhat of a pain to always plan how to park the bike (no uphill walking THIS bike for me!) and making sure you don't have to walk it any distance with shorty legs. So far, so good.

Like the others here, you won't regret buying one, because of the phenomenal handling and low CG.
    "If it moves, paint it."

I believe the thing you notice about any Wing, and especially an F6B is the low center of gravity and perfect balance. Low-speed handling is a breeze, and, yes, this is quite different from MANY other cruisers.

I'm 54 and have been riding for only 6 years. I started out with a Shadow 750, then a VTX 1300... each a step up in power and weight. I wished I had bought a Wing to begin with. They are just so easy to handle.

As far as the sheer weight of a F6B or full-dressed Wing... it's all a matter of balance. Once you get any bike weighing more than 600 lbs leaning the wrong way, it's going over. I haven't laid down my F6B yet, but I laid down my Wing (standing still) four times. No damage to the bike ever. (And I lay it over on purpose to change out the rear tire)
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]