Last Ride of 2013? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Ride of 2013?

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Shucks,,, Nothing real memorable about last weekends ride,,, (Local over familiar roads)
    Don't have anything spectacular planned for this weekend either,,,

Seems like anything within a day-ride has pretty much been covered multiple times,,, Anything more requires more time than I have to spare.

Gonna have to MAKE time!
    Yes to that. But I don't think I've been over your roads, so I'd like to hear about them, if you'd share... familiar to one is strange and new to another!
    "If it moves, paint it."

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Not a whole lot around Houston,,, Pretty flat in many areas. Sam Houston National Forest is nice, but rather small and probably 50 miles of riding,,, After a hundred times, it gets repetitious.

The Gulf of Mexico is an hour and a half away, but,,,, it ain't the Ocean by any means,,,

Personal fave so far is the Ozarks. Wife and I spend a week up there every year riding. But, after about 5-6 trips, it's getting a little stale as well.

Mo' time / go farther is what I need!!!

Here's mine... done last Saturday in Albemarle County, Virginia:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/tim.harr...8034237&type=3
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just got back....

Left this morning and went for a 250 mile ride from my house in Buford, GA to Wallhala, SC, to Highlands, NC, to Franklin, NC and back to the house. Dont think it ever made it out of the 40s today, but had to go out when I had the time.

Scott

Went on about a 600 mile ride on Saturday up into the Ouachita Mountains in OK and AR. Cold but great ride!

- Bill

Went out for about 100 miles on my Suzuki mainly on fast back roads free of traffic. We're having a very dry winter in Northern California with highs in the 60's so riding has been perfect. I've realized as much as I want a F6B it's just more bike than I can use. It seems all my riding in 2013 has been commuting and weekend day trips, nothing that requires a full blown tourer. Anyway. Happy New Year!!!!!

North Central Florida Ride

Wintering over in North Central Florida, I'm fortunate enough to enjoy the many oak tree lined roads connecting numerous small Fl. towns with their many dairy and horse farms. With 64/65 degree temps, I managed to get my last 110 mile jaunt in for 20013. Starting in Orange Lake, I managed to cover the quaint towns of Citra, Cross Creek, Paynes Prairie, Micanopy, Macintosh, Flemington, and Reddick. Two hours travel time provided the opportunity to enjoy the many moss covered Oak Trees overhanging the rural roads. The refreshing and enjoyable ride was a perfect end to my 2013 riding season. Hoping to encounter the same in 2014

LunaticFringe....I know you enjoy your current bike as you said, but have you ridden the F6B?..It is really not a "full blown tourer" as you stated...It handles great and a fairly experienced rider might give you a "run for the money" on it..Heavy yes, but is in no way like the Goldwing when it comes to ease of riding and comfort.....Happy New Year and I know you are loving the weather where you are as my son lives in Northern Calif. and "rubs" it in all the time......

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    X2. F6B isn't a true 'full tourer', at least not in my way of thinking,,,

No disrespect Lunatic, but what in Gawd's name are ya doing with a trunk up on the back of that Suzuki??? (I assume it's a trunk,,, It better not be a Hibachi!!! )

You might consider getting that weight down low,,, Which would mean saddle bags, which,,, some bikes already have,,, (hint, hint, wink wink!!! LOL!!!)

Here's to whatever you decide!