Centre Stand - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centre Stand

I love the fact my F6B came with a center stand..Much easier to clean and air the tires etc.. But, at the ripe old age of 74, it is a task for me to pull the bike up onto the center stand even after watching the videos on how-to..So far my 44 year old son as taken care of this until next spring when I get a chance to ride again...Hope all goes well and I don't drop the thing.......

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I love the fact my F6B came with a center stand..Much easier to clean and air the tires etc.. But, at the ripe old age of 74, it is a task for me to pull the bike up onto the center stand even after watching the videos on how-to..So far my 44 year old son as taken care of this until next spring when I get a chance to ride again...Hope all goes well and I don't drop the thing.......
    Here's a tip for you that I learned from Deer Slayer...find a board that is approximately 12 to 15" long, 6" wide, and 3/4" thick (yes, a 1 X 6 will do ) Note: In my case, I had some rubber stall mat material lying around that I got at a tractor supply store. Ride your bike's rear wheel up on that board or mat and you will find putting the bike on the center stand far easier. It's surprising how much easier it is to get the bike on the center stand when you have a little "head start".

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Here's a tip for you that I learned from Deer Slayer...find a board that is approximately 12 to 15" long, 6" wide, and 3/4" thick (yes, a 1 X 6 will do ) Note: In my case, I had some rubber stall mat material lying around that I got at a tractor supply store.
    EXCELLENT!!! I have a thick 'seen better days' rubber doormat that would work for this quite nicely!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    EXCELLENT!!! I have a thick 'seen better days' rubber doormat that would work for this quite nicely!!!!
    On my concrete garage floor the rubber mat works much better than a piece of wood because it tends to stay "put" better. If you have a wood floor, you can possibly nail or screw the board down and fix it that way. Here's a pic of my center stand mat:

The blue tape is there to properly locate the mat in case it slips out of position.

Now I do that with 2 x 6 at all three points when I am doing an oil change, ( one under the side stand until you can get off )...then put one under the center stand..... this works out well....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    On my concrete garage floor the rubber mat works much better than a piece of wood because it tends to stay "put" better. If you have a wood floor, you can possibly nail or screw the board down and fix it that way. Here's a pic of my center stand mat:

The blue tape is there to properly locate the mat in case it slips out of position.
    Now everyone will know I am old and can't get it up. Uh the F6B.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Hornblower uses blue tape for that....................
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Hornblower uses blue tape for that....................
    Better sticking power!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.