West Coast F6B Rally Fall 2013 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Coast F6B Rally Fall 2013

I'd be up for it if I could get the days off! I'm in Oregon City, and work a 4 on, 4 off schedule. So there's a 50-50 shot. And I do have some vacation time if no one else has taken the day.

Ghost - I've never been to a rally either, but I'm starting to look at more long distance trips. I guess I'll get the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    I'd be up for it if I could get the days off! I'm in Oregon City, and work a 4 on, 4 off schedule. So there's a 50-50 shot. And I do have some vacation time if no one else has taken the day.

Ghost - I've never been to a rally either, but I'm starting to look at more long distance trips. I guess I'll get the second round.
    Haha ok you get the second round Gamer. Looking forward to seeing you there. And I'm am also looking to expand my horizons. This bike has really got the adventure part of my brain thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    YO...I am still on the road...having just ridden from Memphis, TN. to Laramie, WY in 18 hours. That is 1300 miles, in 18 hours. I am stopped for the night in Laramie.

Regarding the West Coast F6B gathering, I used to live in South Lake Tahoe, and that place getrs MY vote, as excellent riding roads, tons of motel rooms, tons of restaurants, and good camping grounds for those that want to camp.

I can assist in organizing, but now living up in Wash State, it would be better to have someone local in that area host it.

Miles
    Miles I hope you enjoyed Memphis while you were here. Since we are on the flat side of the state I know you didn't come by for the roads.
    Well anyway I hope you were greated with hospitality and enjoyed your time here.

Memphian

Saw the last half of the post Miles left. Missed it the first time. My apologies Mikes.

Anyone interested in organizing this thing?

West Coast Ralley

For my 2 cents.....lets plan it as an attachment to Street Vibrations rally in Reno. Keep in mind that the Tahoe weather that time of year is cooler, fall not summer.

I am up for what ever gets decided!

Miles - Kingsbury Grade would be one of my votes for a So. Tahoe ride.

Reno has two Street Vibrations events during the year...one in the Spring (happened last weekend) and one again in the Fall, this year is Sept 25 to 29th.

If that is what you guys want to do, okay, but keep in mind that you will be in a group of over 50,000 other bikes. And...with 50,000 other bikes and vendors, and support personnel in town, a lot of the motel rooms and restaurants will be filled to capacity.

In my opinion...I would take it somewhere else...close by...at the same time, like...South Lake Tahoe or Carson City, or North Shore. There are several other choices. By having it close by, and by having the F6B gathering on say...Sept 27th and 28th, or...28th and 29th...or...27th to 29th, that means that F6B riders that want to ride down Kingsbury Grade to Reno, or down Mt. Rose to Reno, and visit the zoo (street vibrations) can do so.

We could even make it a one day ride to go down in a group (sort of) and enjoy street vibrations, then ride back up to South Lake Tahoe, or wherever we are staying, for a big barbeque.

Big rally events like Sturgis, Daytona, Laconia, etc. are fun...up to a point...and then they become a zoo. It can be fun to visit the event, but at some point it is more enjoyable to spend some quality time with others at the F6B gathering, sit and share a meal, share a few drinks, etc., and escape the zoo.

So, as a suggestion, if you are thinking about doing this during the Fall timing of the Reno Street Vibrations, it might be nice to gather up at South Lake Tahoe on Friday night, Sept. 27th. Take a day ride down to Reno on Saturday, the 28th, a barbeque back up at South Lake Tahoe on Saturday night, and then a big breakfast on Sunday morning, and then everyone splits after that.

Sounds like a plan. I'd be up for that. Never been to "Street Vibrations" ...or any rally for that matter.
    As a matter of fact I'll be in Tahoe this Saturday. I'm staying at the Best Western Station house. Not a bad place to stay, and they have the best free breakfast!!

West Coast F6B Rally

I think that Miles has the plan! I love Tahoe in the fall. Lets start a sign-up List so we can decide on lodging and Restaurants.

Cut and paste forward as you add your names to the list.

2. Phil & Mary Sweeney (philbert40)

I won't be able to make those dates - I'm working every weekend in September, and someone else already has those days requested for vacation here at work.

Sounds like fun, though. I'll be with you in spirit, and hope to be there next year!