Cold Temps next 4 days - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold Temps next 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by bstroh59 View Post
    You know it's cold when Weather Bug uses an igloo to illustrate how cold it is.
    Feel sorry for the people in Central Minnesota. Actual temps of -35 this morning, with wind chills of 60 below.
    Attachment 3659
    Ok, wow, I'm freezing my ass off at 21 degrees ABOVE zero this morning in Austin.
    Godspeed to you northerners!

Looking to have a three dog night here in NC. I must go and seek two more..
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

This is the first time I have heard it referred to a polar vortex. Don't care what it's called it's damn cold.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

The coldest I observed this morning on my thermometer was -28 degrees. There was a 10-12 mph wind out of the northwest this morning and it was just intolerably cold. The blood circulation in my hands isn't good so I don't think I would last outside more than a few minutes even with the best gloves. Needless to say my wife and I stayed home today and will do the same tomorrow.

My backyard weather station shows it to be 5 F degrees with a wind chill at -3 F degrees here in North Central Alabama. I've been down here for 20+ years and I know this is the coldest it's ever been here! Our normal daily highs for this time of year are roughly 45 to 55 F degrees allowing you to ride with some good cold weather gear but this is ridiculous as even with my Gerbing Hybrid Heated Gloves and the F6B's heated grips, I'd be in trouble quickly with riding wind chill effect!

Bring on Spring PLEASE!!! Besides, I have about 25 mods to do on my F6B to get her ready for the upcoming riding season!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

WOW!!!! is all I can say...I have no ideal how people in the North deal with the cold... I have lived in MI and OH and was the oldest child so I had to have the sidewalks cleaned by 7AM. As I remember it sucked the big one! Here in Central Florida it is 34' and it is bone chilling because it is a wet cold... Oh well in three days this to will pass and it will back to the bike !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    The coldest I observed this morning on my thermometer was -28 degrees. There was a 10-12 mph wind out of the northwest this morning and it was just intolerably cold. The blood circulation in my hands isn't good so I don't think I would last outside more than a few minutes even with the best gloves. Needless to say my wife and I stayed home today and will do the same tomorrow.
    You can have all of that crap.

We were -3 this morning and I am not the happiest of campers. Don't know what the wind chill was because at this point I really don't see it making much difference between real cold and damn cold. We went from the wettest year on record last year to breaking a cold record set back in 1879 today.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

It's Fa Fa Fa Fa Fareaking COLD this morning, 20 degrees feels like 8 degrees. Where's Al Gore when you need him

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

22 in Central TX

Geared up and took the 25+ mile ride into work today in the cold -- for grins. Cold as hell -- 22 degrees!
    Anyone beat this?

Attachment 3663

FYI, I had to stop at a Starbuck's halfway in to get feeling back in my fingers. Couldn't even feel the grip heat after 45 min ...

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Geared up and took the 25+ mile ride into work today in the cold -- for grins. Cold as hell -- 22 degrees!
    Anyone beat this?

Attachment 3663

FYI, I had to stop at a Starbuck's halfway in to get feeling back in my fingers. Couldn't even feel the grip heat after 45 min ...
    Not braggin, but I do that several times a winter getting to work (my F6B is my car). Official 7 degrees this morning in Charlotte but only have 20 miles to go, use Gerbing heated jacket liner and gloves, one size larger boots with extra thick wool socks, fleece pants liners, Aerostich Roadcrafter suit, balaclava and full face helmet. It was much worse when I had a 113 mile (each way) commute. Supposed to be 11 degrees tomorrow-heat wave