Bungie Cord Tie-down Points? What are you guys using? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bungie Cord Tie-down Points? What are you guys using?

Check out Helen Twowheels products for ties and packing systems. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I loop soft ties like ones used to trailer a motorcycle to create connection points on the grab rail and luggage rack. They work well and do not damage any of the metal parts.
    Here is a pic of how I pack.
    image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I loop soft ties like ones used to trailer a motorcycle to create connection points on the grab rail and luggage rack. They work well and do not damage any of the metal parts.
    That is basically what these...http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-frame-loops.html are... but these frame loops are shorter and thinner so you can fit them easily between the seat rail and the tail body work and around the handle area without disrupting the bag lever operation.

Your local Honda dealer may have a gob of shipping tie downs. Most chromie motorcycles are shipped with tie loops. Just ask. I also use them with table lift and recovery trailer.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I bought a set of the bungee assist brackets but before they arrived, I read that they work on the GL1800 but not the F6B. Never tried to install them because of that but still have them. Does anyone know from experience that they work on the F6B?
    The brackets do work acceptably but not perfect due to the design of the rails. If ordering, be sure to get the bolts compatible with the F6B. Unlike on the regular GW, 4 bolts of standard length won't work since on the F6B, 2 of those bolts must be longer. Overall, I would say the brackets work OK and are certainly better than nothing.

Bungee tie downs

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I bought a set of the bungee assist brackets but before they arrived, I read that they work on the GL1800 but not the F6B. Never tried to install them because of that but still have them. Does anyone know from experience that they work on the F6B?
    I'm using the ones off my GL. Works great.

Great Ideas! Thanks everyone. Really appreciate it.

I got some nylon straps with buckles, and made a loop of approx 5 inch diameter. I put one on the rear of the luggage rack, one where it meets the seat and one on the handrail, on each side, for a total of six. Works great