New Bassani F6B Exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bassani F6B Exhaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Bassani F6B Exhaust

Hello Everyone!

Curious if anyone has any experience with Bassani exhaust systems. I understand they have been making motorcycle exhaust systems since 1969. They have a new slip on available for the F6B. I think they sound great!!!

Take a look & listen...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClyT6zQFCk

Bassani website link:
    http://www.bassani.com/

Thanks in advance for sharing any experiences with the Bassani brand.

Ride Safe,
    G

Out of all the aftermarket systems I have owned, I liked these the best. Had em on a road king.

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Sounds awesome, I like the end caps too.

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Sounds awesome, I like the end caps too.
    I had originally planned on leaving my exhaust stock.......NOT NOW!!!!!

One other thing, the end caps are aluminum, to keep the little "silver bullets" shiny, takes some Mothers aluminum polish, especially after a ride in the rain. No biggie.

Bassani Pipes

First thank you all for your input on pipes for the F6. I decided to go with the Bassani for two reason. The sound and the billeted cut end caps. I have read several comments on the gap between the slip on and the heat shield and after a few trial and errors on and offs of the slip ons I figured it out so I thought I would share. I was a machinist mate on submarines for years so tinkering is fun to me. First the the rubber tabs on the stock pipes that you transfer to the Bassani make sure the longer rubber insert is pointing down toward the pipes and not the shield. This in itself forces a larger gap. When that was done I noticed the gap on the right was greater that the left. SO after some looking and measuring I determined that when you push on the pipes the right pipe slips on easier and has a tendency to be pushed up further. You will notice on the stock crossover pipe the factory pipes slip on to is a welled stop which the stock pipes slip up against. The Bassani pipes DO NOT need to go on that far. As a matter of fact is you do force them that far on it pushes the heat shield out further. I backed the right pipe so it measured the same distance past the saddle bag as the left pipe (about 1 to 1 1/8 inch) and the heat shield relaxed and almost matches the left side. I then gently pushed on the right shield and it collapsed the tabs to make the gap even smaller (pushed with palm, no hammer). There is plenty of pipe with the clamps provide to ensure a tight fit. I used the mirror method to test for leaks after the engine was hot. After cleaning the SS, I fired it up and know why I bought them. Purrs like a small block at idle. Could only get a short ride do to weather and these pipes sound like a small block or Porch at speed. Can't wait to hit the big street. I could hear the radio fine with mt 12" Baggershield mainly due to the pipes extending pass the bags to show off the billeted cut end caps. I do have to give a shout out to Kurt at Bassani who was on the phone with me a couple of times while I tinkered with the gap. Great support and we both learned something. Sorry so long but I have read so much about these pipes and the gap issue I just wanted to share my solution. Will update after I hit the highway.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    wroc,

I've heard the term 'sailor proof' used before, but it sure in the hell doesn't apply to you!!

Great intel!!!

New Bassani Pipes

On a sub there are no part stores around the corner. You learn to modify anything to keep the water out of the people tank. Thanks.

Pictures

As requested.