New Bassani F6B Exhaust - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Bassani F6B Exhaust

Does anyone here have these installed on there bike?

Just wondering how loud these are at cruising speeds? Say at 55, 65, 75. Also is there any "drone" at these speeds? They sound awesome from the clip. On my Valkyrie I cut the piggies and it sounded better, but the drone at cruising speed was very annoying on a long ride.

Hey Everyone,

I contacted Bassani and had a very nice conversation with Kurt. He informed me that they use a 2.0" baffle that is not packed or wrapped...nothing to wear and blow out or exhaust get louder over time... After extensive testing, they only offer 1 baffle. The exhaust replaces the entire cover/shield as in one piece. As far as DRONE...that dreaded word....There is absolutely NO DRONE at any speed with this exhaust. This was a concern and has been addressed.

The F6B exhaust system is polished stainless steel, unlike some of the other exhausts on the market. I was told that this exahust will not pit or rust over time like some of the other chrome exhausts on the market. After riding in the rain, ocasional polishing of the exhaust can be expected to maintain it's brand new lustre.

As far as black, that is not on the drawing board at this time. I told Kurt that many are looking for the black...he said they will consider it.

There is a choice of 3 exhaust tips. It was brought to my attention that if you opt for one of the 2 slash cut, you can angle it up, down or to either side. Kinda cool don't ya think??

I think I will be ordering mine very soon .... not sure what tip I want though.....decisions...decisions.

Hope this helps answer a few questions...

Ride Safe,
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Gperson View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I contacted Bassani and had a very nice conversation with Kurt. He informed me that they use a 2.0" baffle that is not packed or wrapped...nothing to wear and blow out or exhaust get louder over time... After extensive testing, they only offer 1 baffle. The exhaust replaces the entire cover/shield as in one piece. As far as DRONE...that dreaded word....There is absolutely NO DRONE at any speed with this exhaust. This was a concern and has been addressed.

The F6B exhaust system is polished stainless steel, unlike some of the other exhausts on the market. I was told that this exahust will not pit or rust over time like some of the other chrome exhausts on the market. After riding in the rain, ocasional polishing of the exhaust can be expected to maintain it's brand new lustre.

As far as black, that is not on the drawing board at this time. I told Kurt that many are looking for the black...he said they will consider it.

There is a choice of 3 exhaust tips. It was brought to my attention that if you opt for one of the 2 slash cut, you can angle it up, down or to either side. Kinda cool don't ya think??

I think I will be ordering mine very soon .... not sure what tip I want though.....decisions...decisions.

Hope this helps answer a few questions...

Ride Safe,
    G
    Let us know how they sound and fit, etc.etc. when you get them please...Mighty interested if they sound good and eliminate or reduce the drone sounds that I now have with the Cobra's....Otherwise I am going to take the advise of some on the board and go back to stockers...

I had a Bassani 2-into-1 system on my 2005 FXDX. It was too loud. The kid I sold the bike to liked it. The F6B is fine by me with stock mufflers.

Bassani F6B BLACK exhaust in production

Hello all,

<<FYI>>
    I got an email from Bassani today letting me know that their new BLACK F6B stainless steel exhaust is in production. Their new exhaust system is custom made (tuned) for the F6B. As stated before, I was told that this exhaust does not drone

Hope this info is helpful to those looking for a black exhaust system option.

Ride safe and often,
    G

Curious if anyone has installed one yet and what their thoughts were?

I ordered a set this week and they are supposed to ship on 3/5. I'll throw up a review once they are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    I ordered a set this week and they are supposed to ship on 3/5. I'll throw up a review once they are installed.
    Thanks, looking forward to hearing what you think about them. Also curious to see he they have the drone or not.

Interested also in them.

I was also going to leave mine stock (other than installing the Torq Loopz) but now I might have to change my mind. Please keep us informed going forward!!!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson