New Bassani F6B Exhaust - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Bassani F6B Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    GONRDN, I will advise once I speak with someone at Bassani. I believe a simple redesign would resolve the issue with the gap, though that can become extremely costly in the manufacturing world.

Scotrod, there are no heat shields on the slip-ons themselves. What you see is the actual muffler cans which Bassani states is polished stainless, no chrome.

I like the sound and the look of these tips as well. They also offer slash cuts in black and polished.
    You may want to let them know that other people are interested in these pipes but are concerned about the gap. Waiting to hear what they have to say. All in all, they look great!

I just got off of the phone with Kurt at Bassani. He was most interested in my satisfaction with the product and the issue I am having, requesting the photos for review. I have sent everything off and he stated he will call me back after he takes a look.

GiddyupF6B, I am of the opinion their tabs might be better served on the inside of the cylinder. Unlike Honda, the Bassani muffler cylinder is simply a straight tube without any taper on the front. If you look at the stock muffler, Honda has a slight taper, placing the tabs further inboard which draws the heat shield closer.

Pipes look good and those tips are exactly the ones I'd get. Hope they get the issue resolved.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    Pipes look good and those tips are exactly the ones I'd get. Hope they get the issue resolved.
    +1!!

I went to CruiserCustomizing's web site and looked at their picture of the exhaust and it looks like there could be a slight gap in the photo.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ba...art/BASS-2F17T

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Photo-shopped. (Not uncommon)
    IMHO, there will be a gap as part of their design. Would be preferred to be minimal/equal.

I am of the same opinion. If it's by design that is fine, but as stated both minimal and equal.

Ok, I communicated with Kurt at Bassani yesterday regarding this issue. He received the pictures and immediately saw the issue. He stated however that he will not be able to fix this issue until the end of the month since his R&D guy is in Australia and will not be back until the 28th. He will then need to get a bike in to test fit the mufflers and identify the issue. He stated he would send me a corrected set once they find a resolution. I will call him after the first of April to check status. Until then he said to just leave the pipes on and ride, which is exactly what I plan to do.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    Ok, I communicated with Kurt at Bassani yesterday regarding this issue. He received the pictures and immediately saw the issue. He stated however that he will not be able to fix this issue until the end of the month since his R&D guy is in Australia and will not be back until the 28th. He will then need to get a bike in to test fit the mufflers and identify the issue. He stated he would send me a corrected set once they find a resolution. I will call him after the first of April to check status. Until then he said to just leave the pipes on and ride, which is exactly what I plan to do.
    If you would, please keep us updated on how you like these pipes. I'm very interested in getting a set! Take care and ride safe!

I certainly will. Other than this gap issue, which at this point I firmly believe will be corrected, I am extremely pleased with the product.