New Bassani F6B Exhaust - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Bassani F6B Exhaust

I thought I noticed the gap(s) on some other photos I saw for these pipes and was worried about same. Please certainly keep us informed as I am looking to purchase these pipes in a few weeks from now! Thanks for a good written detail of your experience with the Bassini Exhaust units.
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Bassani Impressions

Picked up an F6B Black delux a week ago, I had the dealer install the Bassani polished stainless with slash cut tips before I picked it up. I have not had nearly enough time to ride, but here are my first impressions-

1) Great "Porsche flat six" sound reving at a stop light and running through the gears.
    2) No drone at highway speeds so far- with stock windshield exhaust note gets lost in the wind noise above 60 mph.
    3) Strange harmonic bass effect around 40 MPH around town with full face helmet/stock windshield/no ear plugs- sounds like a "porting" subwoofer...
    4) Yes I have the strange difference in "gap" with the heat shields- left side is tight (1/8"), right side is more like 3/8"s.

I comtemplated waiting for the Black version, but was concerned about finish durability, and did not want to goof with having the heatshield powder coated...

Overall, very happy with the pipes, may work the gap issue if some fix is in the mix.

Boltar
    Now Riding the Vader/Batmobile Thundersled O' Destiny....

Does anyone know if the Bassani exhausts have the indentation on the right side exhaust to allow access to the final drive
    oil drain/fill plug like the stock unit? Would be a pain to remove the right side exhaust every time you want to change the
    drive unit oil….
    a1scoot

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    Ok, I communicated with Kurt at Bassani yesterday regarding this issue. He received the pictures and immediately saw the issue. He stated however that he will not be able to fix this issue until the end of the month since his R&D guy is in Australia and will not be back until the 28th. He will then need to get a bike in to test fit the mufflers and identify the issue. He stated he would send me a corrected set once they find a resolution. I will call him after the first of April to check status. Until then he said to just leave the pipes on and ride, which is exactly what I plan to do.
    Hey Indiatango,

Any new word from Kurt at Bassini yet? We impatient ones are sitting here nervously waiting an update!

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Impatience is my greatest virtue. Kurt did not want me to contact him until after April 1. I figure that would give his engineer a few days to look at the issue after his return. I will certainly be on the phone with him April 2nd and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    Impatience is my greatest virtue.
    Me too! Thanks!!!

~ Thomas Jefferson

Waiting

With as many views as this tread is getting, everyone must be checking for some news.

The heat shield may be lose because you missed one of the clips!!!! I did that one time when I was changing out pipes…..
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Actually the shields aren't loose, they just protrude. I checked the clips several times thinking they were missing the slots inside the shield. Unfortunately they are all inserted correctly.

I reached out to Kurt the end of last week and haven't heard back yet. I'm certain the engineer is working on a solution and will report.

The suspense is killing me!

~ Thomas Jefferson