Anti Drone - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anti Drone

At this point, I don't believe there is anything particularly scientific about the size or number of holes that might get the best results. Until more people try different combinations and compare results, it's pretty much a shot in the dark. That said, what DS has experimented with so far doesn't seem to have hurt anything and may have improved the drone phenomenon. If I've done the math correctly, DS's mod leaves the crossover tube approximately 8% open.

As an interesting side-note, while in Daytona, DS and I spoke to the Cobra rep about this subject and his opinion was that closing off the crossover tube improves sound but possibly hurts performance. School is still out on that one as far as I'm concerned. In fact, before I did the mod on my bike, DS and I did a side-by-side roll-on comparison and also compared gas mileage and he came out slightly better on both accounts. Since doing the mod on my bike, we haven't checked again but I'm sure we will soon
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    At this point, I don't believe there is anything particularly scientific about the size or number of holes that might get the best results. Until more people try different combinations and compare results, it's pretty much a shot in the dark. That said, what DS has experimented with so far doesn't seem to have hurt anything and may have improved the drone phenomenon. If I've done the math correctly, DS's mod leaves the crossover tube approximately 8% open.

As an interesting side-note, while in Daytona, DS and I spoke to the Cobra rep about this subject and his opinion was that closing off the crossover tube improves sound but possibly hurts performance. School is still out on that one as far as I'm concerned. In fact, before I did the mod on my bike, DS and I did a side-by-side roll-on comparison and also compared gas mileage and he came out slightly better on both accounts. Since doing the mod on my bike, we haven't checked again but I'm sure we will soon
    I must say this, I love my deep note, with the disc mod and Honda mod mufflers. ( muffler front plate opened and small hole pattern in muffler above the outlet again about 15 ea 1/8 holes. Baffle removed from tips. ) Price ain't bad also.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Around 15 size 1/8" holes. Used 4 tack welds. Placed about 1/4" into the pipe. Update, went to Key West 2240 miles gas mileage just over 38 mpg from 70 to 80 mph. I be happy.
    I was thinking about grinding a slot in that pipe and fabricate a disk with the holes and a 1" lip on both sides of half the disk , this would allow me to use the black clamp from stock pipes over the slit and flanges I put on the disk ! With or W/O gasket not sure on that yet
    Maybe a custom clamp too to act as a splint stiffen that spot where I put the grinder. In think tank mode now

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    I must say this, I love my deep note, with the disc mod and Honda mod mufflers. ( muffler front plate opened and small hole pattern in muffler above the outlet again about 15 ea 1/8 holes. Baffle removed from tips. ) Price ain't bad also.
    Wish me luck! I would try that mod but spent all this dough on the cobras! So, if this plug mod works, I owe you a giant beer!

Capt--The nice thing about the way DS went about plugging the crossover is that the entire process is reversible. There was NO cutting of the OEM piping whatsoever. This way, if you want to go back to stock, you simply grind through the 4 tack welds holding the plug in place and remove it. You never know when you want to return to stock
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Capt--The nice thing about the way DS went about plugging the crossover is that the entire process is reversible. There was NO cutting of the OEM piping whatsoever. This way, if you want to go back to stock, you simply grind through the 4 tack welds holding the plug in place and remove it. You never know when you want to return to stock
    Damn it ! I guess I'm going to the garage to put the stock pipes back on!!:bang head:

There will be a set of 6 into 6 black cobras for sale with 30 minutes on them