Speedo cluster 'knock' / potholes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedo cluster 'knock' / potholes

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

U shaped slot in frame, 'Post' of sorts with rubber do-dads on back of cluster that ~slides~ up into the slot.

I bet that 10mm Craftsman wrench I found in my cubby wasn't helping matters!!![/SIZE]

Ducking Fumbass!!!

I think I may have fixed a rattle and found a wrench all at the same time!!!!
    Well, Scott, it appears from the description of the mount you found, that it is the correct one that I was thinking of....but apparently that was not the problem. I would suspect from your answers, that some "one" left some tools up in that area.

Another reason why I account for every one of my tools during and after every job I work on.

Okay, rattle gone......next thread !

Speedo Cluster "knock"

Gentlemen-
    When I installed the Helibars on my F6B, I was very impressed with the engineering that went into these fine motorcycles. The plastic parts fit very specifically, and there are a number of layers of parts that must be removed/installed in a specific sequence, or parts, and possibly tools, can get lost. It is easy to blame the technician, or one's own self for these small oversights, but before doing so, remember how sophisticated these motorcycles are, and keep in mind that most of us are not professional mechanics. I'm of an age now that I must take pictures as I disassemble these machines, and carefully lay out the hardware as it is removed. I also take careful notes as I work. Try using a bright flashlight to illuminate those crevices that lie beneath our lovely coachwork. The Helibar installation took one full man day to complete, and this work was done in a well-equipped facility.

Thank you!
    Lucas in Phoenix