New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    An observation: at out initial F6B rally in Franklin we had 13 F6B's and some other bikes. All 13 F6B's had aftermarket windshields. All as in ALL.
    I have to challenge that opinion. Although I only participated in the Tail of the Dragon portion of the Rally, I ...WAS... there, and I ran a stock shield and really like the height and the look. I have since replaced it with a dark tinted stock height screen and with almost 10,000 miles in all kinds of weather including riding daily to work at temps in the teens still like how it works for me.

I have had a few bikes with great wind management (mostly because of power wind shields); ST1300, BMW K1200GT, and the Victory Vision I traded for the F6B. I thought I might miss this feature but what I found with the F6B was I had been missing a little "breeze".

So I know I am in the minority but there are a few others on this forum that also prefer the shorter shields. To each their own. I suggest a new owner at least try the stock shield before they replace it.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I have to challenge that opinion. Although I only participated in the Tail of the Dragon portion of the Rally, I ...WAS... there, and I ran a stock shield and really like the height and the look. I have since replaced it with a dark tinted stock height screen and with almost 10,000 miles in all kinds of weather including riding daily to work at temps in the teens still like how it works for me.

I have had a few bikes with great wind management (mostly because of power wind shields); ST1300, BMW K1200GT, and the Victory Vision I traded for the F6B. I thought I might miss this feature but what I found with the F6B was I had been missing a little "breeze".

So I know I am in the minority but there are a few others on this forum that also prefer the shorter shields. To each their own. I suggest a new owner at least try the stock shield before they replace it.

Like Limbuck, I had forgotten that you had caught up with us at the Tail of the Dragon Looking at the Line-up photo taken at the Hotel just before our Saturday evening BBQ, there wasn't one stock shield on any of the bikes there.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Although I only participated in the Tail of the Dragon portion of the Rally, I ...WAS... there, and I ran a stock shield and really like the height and the look.

Ah, yes, I remember that moment. There were a few of us stragglers that stayed behind at the "accident" scene, and when we left that scene, we decided to meet up and gather ourselves at a gas station/tourist spot on the route to the Dragon's Tail. We pulled into the parking lot, and within 32 seconds in rolls another all Black F6B, that was previously not with us, and the rider introduces himself as Mike, the 1951VBS on the forum. I can confirm that his bike did indeed have a stock windshield on it at the time. I can also confirm that I was the first...of many weirdos...that Mike would meet as members of the forum, that day.

Now that's a good price.

Now just gotta pay Damn old uncle sam first.
    Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    $16400 plus tax. That's it.