IPOD SHUFFEL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPOD SHUFFEL

IPOD SHUFFEL

I have an IPOD SHUFFEL and it does not work with the glove box pin connector. It plugs into it alright just can't get it to play, am I doing something wrong here? Also bought the USB to small pin adapter for the connection in the saddle bag and still cannot get it to work. Am I doing something wrong or will the SHUFFEL just not work and it has to be a full size IPOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    Am I doing something wrong or will the SHUFFEL just not work and it has to be a full size IPOD?
    Your Shuffle should work in the left side cubby with the audio out 3.5 jack. Double check your audio set up , mute controls etc..and that the audio jack is all the way in. You might, and I say this advisedly, might have to use a little pressure.

Page 95 of the owners manual does not list the shuffle as a supported device in the saddle bag. Flash drives >256mb, Nano's, and the iPod Touch are listed.

If I'm not mistaken members here have had good success with flash drives in the boot. (saddle bag)
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Make sure you have aux pushed in and you don't have mute on. You also have to make sure your radio is set to external speakers and not headphones. The shuffle should work in the left hand glove box, if not you will have to pull the glove box and make sure your lead is plugged in.
    Jakec

If you didn't try it already, push AUX twice. One is front, one is rear.

Just another quick thought, you have to use the button on the Shuffle to turn it on and off.
    Jakec

Thanks

Ok, thanks guys, I will give it all a try again and see if it works. I sure hope it does!

IT WORKS!

Well yesterday after the gym I finally had some time to tinker with my IPOD SHUFFEL on the bike. I did get it to work and now I'm a happy camper! Thanks guys for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    Well yesterday after the gym I finally had some time to tinker with my IPOD SHUFFEL on the bike. I did get it to work and now I'm a happy camper! Thanks guys for the tips!
    Okay, what did you do to get it working....inquiring minds.......

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Depending of the age of your iPod, the 30 pin connector has different assignments for the pins. Also recharging voltage is different. I have some devises where I have to use a bridge connector where my newer iPods to be charged and play through those devices.

OK

First of all I used the 3.5 pin in the left fairing cubby. I made sure the pin was all the way into the IPOD which right at the end gets a bit tight but then snaps right in with a bit of force. Turn the bike ignition key to ACC and pressed the AUX button on the raido, making sure the the setting on the raido was AUDIO and not HEADPHONES! Next I turned on the shuffel and WALA! Also note the I put a volume control in line with the IPOD and turned it up then adjusted the raido volume and man it gets loud. Thanks again guys!