NC Ride Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC Ride Today

NC Ride Today

Had great lunch ride with Hornblower and some of his ridding buds. BBQ at Speedy's in Lexington, NC. I had to come to the airport for work but the rest rode on. Weather Sunny and 63 deg. Wow we will take it.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Had great lunch ride with Hornblower and some of his ridding buds. BBQ at Speedy's in Lexington, NC. I had to come to the airport for work but the rest rode on. Weather Sunny and 63 deg. Wow we will take it.
    Yeah, what a day in NC! We definitely try to jump on these warmer days when they occur. Lexington, NC is famous for BBQ so Speedy's is often a "destination".

Deer Slayer, since you didn't get to finish the ride with us due to work, thought you'd like to know the other guys were so impressed with how my F6B handles the twisties, they were all asking about my rear car tire. Even the Beemer rider in the group is now considering going "darkside". I don't know about that one but the F6B sure does love it

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Seriously, PICS PICS PICS! Be a sharing bear!

Yeah, yeah...I'd like to invest in a GoPro but I need to recover first from all this other stuff I've put on the bike. Even so, I'm not a big picture-taker other than occassionally posting a pic of some mod I've done. There were pics posted some time back of my rear tire but I don't know if they're still on the forum or not. If anyone has something specific they would like a pic of, just say the word and I can do that.

Just messing with ya, but if we're gonna rub it in to the guys with PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) we should at least let them see some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Just messing with ya, but if we're gonna rub it in to the guys with PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) we should at least let them see some pics.
    I afraid that Hornblower's mug would cause me photo machine to malfunction.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    I afraid that Hornblower's mug would cause me photo machine to malfunction.
    Possibly so, but my F6B is the bomb!

And, bobbyf6b, good point on the PMS'ers...will have to keep that in mind! Seriously, I do hope to pick up a GoPro this year. That way, when I get much older, I can look back and remember when I could ride faster In the meantime, I just have to remember to use the camera in my Galaxy S4. It actually does a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Possibly so, but my F6B is the bomb!

In the meantime, I just have to remember to use the camera in my Galaxy S4. It actually does a pretty good job.
    YOU...have a Galaxy S4 ? Geezzzzz...I am still using an old rotary dial flip phone...just ask Kevin and Dale. They always laugh at my old phone.

While at an auto parts store today, I saw a different version of what we have come to know as the Go Pro cameras, or Hero cameras.
    It is called the WASP camera....http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/Pr...productid=7987
    Anyway, what was unique to this camera was that it also included a wrist band, like a watch, but it was the remote control unit for the camera, so if the camera was mounted up on the dash...you could just use the remote unit on your wrist, to take pictures. (possibly this is already old news, and I am just SO old, that everyone else on the planet, including HB and DS, already knew about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yeah, yeah...I'd like to invest in a GoPro but I need to recover first from all this other stuff I've put on the bike. Even so, I'm not a big picture-taker other than occassionally posting a pic of some mod I've done. There were pics posted some time back of my rear tire but I don't know if they're still on the forum or not. If anyone has something specific they would like a pic of, just say the word and I can do that.
    I used to take a lot of pictures on my trips, but no one wanted to see them, and I was there!