NC Ride Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC Ride Today

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    YOU...have a Galaxy S4 ? Geezzzzz...I am still using an old rotary dial flip phone...just ask Kevin and Dale. They always laugh at my old phone.

While at an auto parts store today, I saw a different version of what we have come to know as the Go Pro cameras, or Hero cameras.
    It is called the WASP camera....http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/Pr...productid=7987
    Anyway, what was unique to this camera was that it also included a wrist band, like a watch, but it was the remote control unit for the camera, so if the camera was mounted up on the dash...you could just use the remote unit on your wrist, to take pictures. (possibly this is already old news, and I am just SO old, that everyone else on the planet, including HB and DS, already knew about this stuff.
    Yes, I love my GS4. I've always been "geeky". When my kids were small they were already kidding me about being a "high-tech-red-neck" . I think that stemmed from having a pick-up truck and a radar detector on the dash .

Wow, Miles, when us good ole boys down here in the South are ahead of you tech-wise, you might want to stop and really take account of how far behind you really are . Of course, I know you're not really being serious about being OLD and SLOW and neither am I . Speaking of cameras, there are several so-called action cameras available today but most are in the $200 to $400 range. Still, I will probably hold out for the GoPro Hero. Yep...still a redneck but now it's ridin' an F6B with a GoPro on the dash. Some things never change .

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yes, I love my GS4. I've always been "geeky". When my kids were small they were already kidding me about being a "high-tech-red-neck" . I think that stemmed from having a pick-up truck and a radar detector on the dash .

Wow, Miles, when us good ole boys down here in the South are ahead of you tech-wise, you might want to stop and really take account of how far behind you really are . Of course, I know you're not really being serious about being OLD and SLOW and neither am I . Speaking of cameras, there are several so-called action cameras available today but most are in the $200 to $400 range. Still, I will probably hold out for the GoPro Hero. Yep...still a redneck but now it's ridin' an F6B with a GoPro on the dash. Some things never change .
    Worse comes to worse, you can just hang a point and shoot camera around your neck and shoot pictures from the saddle. I've done that with my Canon. Takes better photos than my Drift that I mount to my helmet.