Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    I have never owned a Harley. I do know lots of biased people who do. LOL
    Since I've owned the F6B I've met a bunch of biased Honda riders too! Harley riders are brain washed and don't know any better. They are slowly getting tired of Harley's crap and seeing the light. I'm one of them....................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by Miwhite View Post
    I have a 2000 Elactraglide with 140,000 kms (85,000 miles) on it... "The handling is fine through the twisties (come ride with me on the 511 to Calabogie)"....

and a newly purchased, not yet ridden, F6B. .
    Wait until you ride the F6B through the twisties!

I feel buying a 2013 would be a huge mistake. The 14s have major changes that make the 13s obsolete. I think future resale or trade in would be a disaster. If I was to buy a new Harley it would be a 14, but I would strongly consider waiting a few months and buying a low mileage used one. They are already starting to show up on Ebay and you should be able to do as well or better then a 13.
    Jakec

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Wait until you ride the F6B through the twisties!
    Can't wait for spring to see how the F6B handles the twisties. I've ridden a Goldwing and was impressed by the smoothness, handling and power. The F6B can only be better with less weight and no trunk.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    If it's what you want, DO IT!!!

DISCLAIMER: I've never owned HD.

Some of the things I would like about HD would be the HUGE aftermarket choices for absolutely everything (I like to tinker!)

They sound pretty good!

NICE paint!!!

I believe the 'Rushmore' bikes include some real improvements. Good to see HD 'bringing their game' up a bit!

Some of the things I would most likely not like about HD:

Last bike (Yami Stratoliner) was air cooled,,, Nothing like going for a ride on a HOT day, then,, when your getting close to home, you have to sit and roast yer ballz off at the stoplights or in traffic,,, Total buzz-kill. Fuel stops are similar,,, Once you quit moving you can't wait to get off that 'stove' as the heat waft's up from below,,, Now, this may actually be a GOOD thing in Canada, but certainly not desirable here in Texas!!!!

Overall size. I'm 'oversized' and the HD's just feel 'small'. I know lotsa folks bigger than me ride 'em, so this would just be my own 'mental evaluation'

Some of the things I do not like about the HD's I've briefly ridden:

Shakin,,,,, WTF is up with all that shaking??? The few rubber-mounted HD's I've ridden are paint-shakers at the stop-lights and at lower RPM's. Yes, they smooth out eventually, but the last HD I test rode was a CVO Road King,, Below 3,000 rpm, the friggin windshield shook like Politician on Judgment Day!!! Absolute crap considering what it cost!!! Maybe in the 'old days' all that shakin' made folks think it was "fast"? Sorry, just can't wrap me head around that 'feature', or why it hasn't been ~reduced/eliminated~ like every other MC manufacturer has done with their touring bikes.

With that being said,,, The flat 6 is almost too smooth!!! I've NEVER came so close to falling asleep on a MC as I have on my 6!

Anywho,,, We each have different measure's of 'value',,, Doesn't really matter what others say,,,, Go with what YOU want!!

I have never ridden a Harley but I love the looks and the sound of them. I am more of a sport(touring) bike rider so they really never appealed to me. I may need to go test ride one to mark it off my bucket list though.

All I know is my F6B does exactly what I want a bike to do. No other bike could do it better for me and I'm happy as hell.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwhite View Post
    Can't wait for spring to see how the F6B handles the twisties. I've ridden a Goldwing and was impressed by the smoothness, handling and power. The F6B can only be better with less weight and no trunk.
    In/out of the curves,,,"Seamless" is the one word I would use to describe the F6B. For such a ~large~ bike, that big girl can BOOGIE!!!

It depends.....

If you are planning on putting the miles on an hd better be ready with a maintenance budget. I can say that because I put way mor e miles on a road king than most, and I have always been really by the book on maintenance. More oil changes, more adjustments, same old motor(in general), and the critics say harley really fixed the cam adj. wear problem. I spent$ and did the gear drive replacement. But most hd owners will trade or sell before that needs replaced. I would enjoy the smooth,reliable power & reliability of the honda. Just my high mileage opinion.

maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!

mikey is right,

i wanted to buy the bike ONCE
    the constant repairs gets down right frustrating
    (and expensive)
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

I have never owned a HD myself, but have ridden a few and did not like any of them..Bought a Victory Vision which would run circles around any Harley and blow away the 110ci in a drag race....I love the F6B power, smoothness, reliability, looks, etc. and have no plans to go back to any V-twin....If you want all the whistles and bells why not look at a new Goldwing??...I have never been one to join the "herd" so to speak and after riding bikes for over 50 years, never been interested in the HD mystique...I do agree with previous posts that if I were to buy a HD it would be 2014 or later....Good Luck on your decision, but I would keep the F6B and maybe have it painted the way you like...A little costly, but I had mine done Brandywine Red Clearcoat and I love it.....