Home Depot Keys - How to make them Lock the Handlebars - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot Keys - How to make them Lock the Handlebars

[QUOTE=Steve 0080;20002]Nothing wrong with having a name from an old bike !!! Unless you just want to change...let me know....... QUOTE]

My handle is from a really old bike...

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Thanks everyone for the extra info. I guess I should spend a little more time reading and less time going to the store. But, I did get to take the bike to the store, and that was the real excuse for going. Fun, fun, fun!

On a different subject. I no longer own my 98valk and would like to change my handle, but can't figure out how???
    You only have 15 posts, just register under a new name.

Does not work that way Bobby...we track IP addresses....... If someone wants to changes their Handle...please send a request to the Phantom!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Does not work that way Bobby...we track IP addresses....... If someone wants to changes their Handle...please send a request to the Phantom!
    Ok. What Steve said!

Just so folks don't start thinking we are keeping tabs on anyone or any other what if's...remember we were attacked by some folks and the site went down...not once but twice !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Immobilizer keys

The European F6B's have HISS, keys with a chip for an ignition immobilizer. The Canadian F6B is similar to the European version in that it has ABS. My question is, does the Canadian F6B also have HISS.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Keys

I had the great plan to get keys made at Home Depot (earlier posts) and they didn't have the Honda blank (car or GL). So I bought two blanks on ebay (again earlier posts) and TOOK them to Home Despot. They still couldn't make them because "he said" they didn't have the right "something" to make it work.

I'm thinking i need to just ride over to a locksmith-for-real and have that guy make my keys so I can get on with having one for the gas lock and a backup. Or else make 'em into darts.

What is it with cars/bikes and keys nowadays? It used to be, you just took your Pontiac key to a locksmith and he made a copy. Now with security everywhere, making keys is getting tougher.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Just so folks don't start thinking we are keeping tabs on anyone or any other what if's...remember we were attacked by some folks and the site went down...not once but twice !!!!
    NSA I say....NSA!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    I had the great plan to get keys made at Home Depot (earlier posts) and they didn't have the Honda blank (car or GL). So I bought two blanks on ebay (again earlier posts) and TOOK them to Home Despot. They still couldn't make them because "he said" they didn't have the right "something" to make it work.

I'm thinking i need to just ride over to a locksmith-for-real and have that guy make my keys so I can get on with having one for the gas lock and a backup. Or else make 'em into darts.

What is it with cars/bikes and keys nowadays? It used to be, you just took your Pontiac key to a locksmith and he made a copy. Now with security everywhere, making keys is getting tougher.
    LOWES had the correct blanks and cut mine while I waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post

Our car requires the technician here to contact Germany to receive the key security code that has an expiry time for activation on this end. Ah...what the hell it's only a few hundred dollars per key.

BUT it use'ta, use'ta, use'ta be that your [insert brand here] car key would fit every like branded car on the block. which wasn't a big problem when honest people roamed the earth.