Picked up my new ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked up my new ride

Congrats and welcome aboard. The miles will add up quickly, so stock up on some NoDoz for the misses.

Thanks for the welcome and yes, we are spoiled with our sunny weather. I paid my dues for many winters in New England and I take as much advantage as possible to be outside riding or camping.

Took the wife out for her first ride tonight and received a positive response. She did comment the grab rails are a bit too low and when I take off the small backrest is a little nerve racking. She commented a grap strap across the MASSIVE seat would have been ideal. I will either raise the backrest or fabricate and alternative grab solution.

My initial feedback from my first few rides:
    Suspension works well although the front forks feel stiffer than I expected. I will dig into the manual and see if the forks have any adjustment or if they may soften over time.

Hand grips feel a tad small in diameter - I had large grips on my last cruiser and became a fan of the larger grips.

Need a little time to adjust from my Concours, which was very responsive and a totally different riding position and feel. A few more rides and this becomes a non issue.

Bike needs hiway pegs very soon, all other upgrades will wait till I have a few thousand miles on the bike.

An older couple walked past the bike, both commented on the good looks, then realized it was a Honda and I had to chuckle. Not sure that is the demographic Honda was seeking!

Definitely looking forward to a long Saturday ride.

Phoenix F6B Rentals ???

Hey JBnAZ,

I'm in Phoenix for a couple of more days...

Is there any place to rent an F6B this coming weekend (Jan 31 or Feb 1) ??

I would love to get a little ride in before I head back to the cold...

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Hand grips feel a tad small in diameter - I had large grips on my last cruiser and became a fan of the larger grips.
    I have a set of black Kuryakyn grips for sale if you're interested. They were a little big for me.

Jlyon,

Good question, I'm not sure I would know that answer. I know many local HD dealers rent but not so much for other cruisers. You may want to contact GoAZ shop or simply hit google or bing and search for bike rentals in Phoenix. Sorry I can't be more helpful, I have not rented here and friends from out of town seem to want that Harley experience.

Good luck finding one. If you do I suggest the ride up to Barlett lake from Phoenix then a cruise through Cave Creek as you will see hundreds of nice rides in that area. Watch for sand in the corners on Bartlett lake road.

Josh

Bobbyf6b - I have heated grips and haven't investigated what grips are compatible with that option. I may opt for a very simply pull over style wrap for them.

But first things first, hiway pegs are tops on my list.

Bobbyf6b - I have heated grips and haven't investigated what grips are compatible with that option. I may opt for a very simply pull over style wrap for them.

I also have heated grips so they are made for it. Just let me know, I have an ad on Craigslist.

I slid grip puppies on, they work well, and dont interfere with heaters. I have the backrest riser, my wife and kid loves it, I think it is another add-on that takes away from the original coolness. When I know they are not gonna ride for awhile, I remove the backrest alltogether.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Took the wife out for her first ride tonight and received a positive response. She did comment the grab rails are a bit too low and when I take off the small backrest is a little nerve racking. She commented a grap strap across the MASSIVE seat would have been ideal. I will either raise the backrest or fabricate and alternative grab solution.

Grab strap,,, Maybe use your belt? Hope you don't end up like this:

Steve0800 has a great bracket for raising the passenger B/R pad.

Thanks for the suggestions guys - I will check out the grip puppies and backrest riser. I was considering a rear rack but the more I think about it the less I want one. So many possibilities, never enough $.