Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
I expect to make the reservations this weekend for the Franklin Rally. It will be about a 900 mile ride so sweetie and I are planning on taking 2 days to get there. I don't want to be too tired and not enjoy the riding once we get there. I'll have to look into a stopping point at about 500 miles. That will still be a couple long days, but it's all part of the game.
I hope to leave here on 8/27 and arrive in Franklin on 8/28. Then enjoy the rally Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then leave before dawn on Monday. Of course this will be the longest ride I've ever taken so if the ride is too brutal we may adjust the departure day accordingly.
We booked the room in Franklin and should be there on the evening of 8/28 and leave very early 8/31. Only a couple days, but it will be a long ride back here and I'll need a day of rest before I return to work.
It will be quite an adventure. I'm guessing around 2500 miles in 6 days (much more than I've ever done). Although I'm told that once I see the scenic beauty and experience some of the best motorcycle routes in the country, I won't want to come back to CT.