August 2014 .... 2nd Annual F6B Rally
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2014 .... 2nd Annual F6B Rally

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

August 2014 .... 2nd Annual F6B Rally

Since the details were somewhat buried in another thread, it's been suggested that I start a fresh thread dedicated to the Rally.

2014 2nd ANNUAL F6B Riders Rally ..... LABOR DAY Weekend

August 28th (Thursday) Early Arrivals, members start arriving mid/late afternoon. We will have a short ride to a nearby Restaurant for Dinner and return back to the tent for some tire kicking, enjoy a couple of drinks, look over the latest mods on the F6B's, story telling and the OFFICIAL "Burn Steve's GPS" Bonfire ... (very similar ceremony as the arrival of the Olympic torch into the Olympic Stadium, let the festivities begin). If Bonfire is not desired then thursday evening we can start installing our off-road CAR tires before we tackle any of the rides over the weekend.

August 29th (Friday) Nice 250+/- mile ride which includes Tail Of The Dragon & Cherohala (Departure time and detailed route to be determined), lunch at a TBD Restaurant. After lunch ... riding for another 3 hours and ending up at the Dillard House. After dinner we ride 20 minutes straight North to the Hotel. If you are attending the F6B Rally and arrive on Friday afternoon you are welcomed to join the "Friday Riders" for dinner at the Dillard House Restaurant which is only 20 minutes South of the Hotel and it's a GREAT family style restaurant.

August 30th (Saturday) Nice 200+/- mile ride which includes riding part of the Blue Ridge Parkway (Departure time and detailed route to be determined), lunch at a TBD Restaurant. After lunch ... riding for another 2 hours and ending up at the Hotel around 3pm. At 5pm we will line-up all of the F6B's and take a group photo. 6:00 - 6:30pm we'll have our BBQ Dinner, afterwards small raffle for goodies and door prizes. If we have a larger group then last year we may need a couple of volunteers to help with the grilling.

August 31st (Sunday) Is a day for those that want to do their own smaller group rides or venture out on their own. A strong recommendation is riding up to the Wheels through Time motorcycle museum in nearby Maggie Valley. Dinner to be held at one of the Restaurants adjacent to the Hotel. After dinner back to the tent for some drinks, stories and farewells.

September 1st (Monday - Labor Day) 8:00am we extinguish Steve's GPS Bonfire, it is officially the end of the Rally and we depart for home.

NO FAST RIDE Runs (HIGH SKILLS REQUIRED) will be included or be part of our Rally. I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt If someone wants to test or prove their skills, I ask that you do it before you arrive or after the F6B Rally is over. When we stop at a gas station everyone needs to top off their fuel tank regardless of how much fuel you still have in the tank. Thank You for understanding. If you want to enjoy the scenery, ride some awesome roads, smell the roses, eat great food, have good times and enjoy the camaraderie.... JOIN US.

________________________________ o ________________________________

I have Spoken with Candy and Jessica at the Microtel and YES they will give us the same rate as last year !!!
    You must mention that you are with the "Honda F6B Riders" to get the $49 +tax 6.37= $55.37 per night rate. The Hotel has blocked off 30 rooms for us. Some of you may not recall but last year 2-3 weeks prior to the Rally the hotel was sold out both Friday and Saturday. A couple of last minute attendees ended up staying at another hotel at a much higher rate. YOU MUST RESERVE your room before July 22nd to get this rate, after July 22nd the rates will be between $64 and $84 plus tax per night if there are any rooms available.

Microtel Inn Franklin .... 81 Allman Drive, Franklin, NC 28734 # -----> 828 - 349 - 9000

We will have a Large tent once again and a Motorcycle Bath station nearby just like last year (throw a couple of old drying towels in a saddlebag just in case the hotel runs out of old towels). The large shipping container that was being used for storage is supposed to be removed before our Rally which will give us much more parking.

Steve has told me that he will be going up in May to do a few dry runs and scout out possible new routes.
    (I think he just wants to calibrate his GPS before the Rally )

WHO'S ATTENDING ????

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

List of Attendees ....

1COOLMC
    3putt & Spouse
    BarryS770
    BigDawg & Spouse
    BlackBetty12
    bubbaj1
    CaptBob
    CarolinaRider
    Choptop
    Darkknight
    DeerSlayer
    Darkknight & Spouse
    Dickiedeals & Spouse
    Dwight
    Exbmwrider
    F6Pilot
    Firetech
    Fla_Rider & Spouse
    FlatSixBagger & Spouse
    Hambly434 & Spouse
    Hambly's guest & Spouse
    hiflyer
    HornBlower
    Jkelley
    Johnny-B & Spouse
    Limbuck & Mary
    Monchie
    Phantom
    Projectapollo
    Rickw
    Royr
    six2go
    Skully (Bill)
    SCMike & Spouse
    Scottrod & Spouse
    Scottydi
    Steve 0080
    Stick
    USMCWing & Susie
    Wild Bill & Spouse
    Zzh54

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Are there any suggestions for rides, routes and or destinations….???? Do we have anyone who would like to lead or make up a route for this event?

This is a group event and it would be nice if we received ideals from the group!!!

steve
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

There are a ton of excellent roads close by. Skyway fontana ocoee loop. Helen ga bridal veil falls. Wheels through time. And so many more.. if interested I have talked to a dealer in knoxville tn about maybe a cookout or something, I can follow up if interested.

Ok I'm coming out of SFLA. It's 700+ miles to Franklin. Any recommendations?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Ok I'm coming out of SFLA. It's 700+ miles to Franklin. Any recommendations?
    Leave wednesday afternoon, ride 6-7 hours, spend the night in Lake City. Following morning (Thursday) ride up with the group.

Is there a post on where to meet for the Florida Gang? Think I'll spend Wednesday night in St. Augustine.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Add me to the list

Add me to the list!!!!!!

Well I just found out that my wife surprised me and booked me a room at the Microtel.
    What a great wife I tell ya.
    Can't wait to see recently met friends and make new ones.
    I'm planning on leaving mid-west FL on Wednesday late afternoon and traveling about 1/2 way.
    If anyone would like to meet up let me know.
    Also curious about the Thursday morning group meet????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    Add me to the list!!!!!!

Well I just found out that my wife surprised me and booked me a room at the Microtel.
    What a great wife I tell ya.
    Can't wait to see recently met friends and make new ones.
    I'm planning on leaving mid-west FL on Wednesday late afternoon and traveling about 1/2 way.
    If anyone would like to meet up let me know.
    Also curious about the Thursday morning group meet????
    She's a KEEPER !!!! Looking forward in seeing you again

Todd, here's the link ….. http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...-the-F6B-Rally

We are in, room reserved

Hornblower suggested we come from Augusta area, and after hearing all the good things about the rally, and wife's birthday on the 28th of August, we just reserved our room for Saturday and Sunday nights, Thanks Ken and look forward to meeting other F6Bers!