August 2014 .... 2nd Annual F6B Rally - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2014 .... 2nd Annual F6B Rally

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    We are truly not trying to scare anyone off this ride!

My wife who rides her own generally is much more cautious than I am and I tend to slow and keep her in my mirrors.
    These roads are really not unsafe. The point of the beautiful scenery, and focusing on the road is a major one. There are plenty of pull off's to enjoy the views.
    Two weeks ago I saw a rider on 151 from the BRP to Candler simply run off the road and off a very sharp embankment. He was looking at the view for a second. Seemed surreal watching, just like he thought he could fly and off he went. Watching his bike leave the road and get air born seemed to be in slow motion and I could hardly believe what I was seeing. But he was ok, nothing hurt but his pride. Point is be safe, and enjoy. No one has anything to prove, and riding is not a competition. Also staying on the speed limit on the BRP is only smart, those tickets are federal, and they aint cheap. The area is constantly patrolled, and speed traps are abundant.
    Amen, brother.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

My wife who rides her own generally is much more cautious than I am and I tend to slow and keep her in my mirrors.

Same here. My Wife actually does quite well/safe,,,, I just tend to get a little more ~exuberant~ in the corners, mostly when we are on familiar roads,,, Wifey usually catchs up with me in the straights,,,

These roads are really not unsafe.

Absolutely correct!!!! Nothing really 'wrong' with the roads and their posted speeds/warnings.

The point of the beautiful scenery, and focusing on the road is a major one. There are plenty of pull off's to enjoy the views.

Also staying on the speed limit on the BRP is only smart, those tickets are federal, and they aint cheap. The area is constantly patrolled, and speed traps are abundant.
    Yep! Little Bro lives in Asheville. While I have not been on the BRP on a bike, I have been there with Bro in his truck.

Pretty country, but watch where you are going,,, and do not speed!!!!

I want everyone to enjoy this ride. We have put a lot of thought into the route with a fabulous lunch at a 4~5 star resturant. (lunch is in the $10~15 range) We have pit stops planned along the way and a stop at the highest place on the BRP. FYI the trip from the hotel to the lunch stop is 100 miles. After lunch we will drop off the BRP and we have a gas stop planned about 25 miles down the road. From there, we will have a short run on a major highway then back into the woods we go for some of the best roads in North Carolina.

My goal is not to scare anyone! My goal is no supprises and NO WorriesI am doing the best to make everyone aware of how the ride will be conducted so that everyone is on the same page. Traveling in large groups requires that everyone understand and pay attention so that we don't have any accidents. There will be no contest of speed and no trophies.

On another note, I just looked at the long range forecast and it is amazing with cool temps and clear skies. (lows in the upper 40's and even cooler in the higher elevations)

Oh, yeah...... be sure to top off the gas tank the night before

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I want everyone to enjoy this ride. We have put a lot of thought into the route with a fabulous lunch at a 4~5 star resturant. (lunch is in the $10~15 range) We have pit stops planned along the way and a stop at the highest place on the BRP. FYI the trip from the hotel to the lunch stop is 100 miles. After lunch we will drop off the BRP and we have a gas stop planned about 25 miles down the road. From there, we will have a short run on a major highway then back into the woods we go for some of the best roads in North Carolina.

My goal is not to scare anyone! My goal is no supprises and NO WorriesI am doing the best to make everyone aware of how the ride will be conducted so that everyone is on the same page. Traveling in large groups requires that everyone understand and pay attention so that we don't have any accidents. There will be no contest of speed and no trophies.

On another note, I just looked at the long range forecast and it is amazing with cool temps and clear skies. (lows in the upper 40's and even cooler in the higher elevations)

Oh, yeah...... be sure to top off the gas tank the night before
    Thanks for putting in all the thought and effort!!

Long range forecast for this area is the next 10 minutes. LOL BRING RAIN GEAR! I seldom go 100 miles in any direction from here without getting wet. Beautiful this week but that is far from what we have been seeing. Either way should be a great time no matter what the weather is.

Thanks for putting in all the thought and effort!!

Long range forecast for this area is the next 10 minutes. LOL BRING RAIN GEAR! I seldom go 100 miles in any direction from here without getting wet. Beautiful this week but that is far from what we have been seeing. Either way should be a great time no matter what the weather is.
    When I scheduled this ride with the good Lord, I requested "No Rain". With as much rain as we have had up there this summer, we could do with a few weeks of Blue Sky and bright sunny days, Please!

Even when the forecast is clear, you still stand a good chance of a surprise thunderstorm in this area, especially in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    Even when the forecast is clear, you still stand a good chance of a surprise thunderstorm in this area, especially in the mountains.
    Yup, on the other hand I have seen a 100% rain forecast and seen nothing but sunny sky's. The mountains can break up storms, and make them stay put. Beautiful area but darn sure strange for weather. Usually in the fall much more stable though. Hopefully we won't see a drop fall.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

SEVERAL very NICE items will be auctioned off or given away as door prizes

Tires, Seats, WindShields, Battery Tenders, a Leather Jacket, Sweat Shirts, Patches and many more surprises

Calvin, bring plenty of Bejamin Franklins

NEED your input on AWARDS .....

Please submit who merits an award or prize ....

Longest distance attendee
    Oldest F6B Rider
    Highest Mileage F6B
    Youngest F6B Rider
    Best Vanity Plate
    Best customized F6B

etc
    etc
    etc

Please post your suggestions, Thank You

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

NEED your input on AWARDS .....

Please submit who merits an award or prize ....

Longest distance attendee
    Oldest F6B Rider
    Highest Mileage F6B
    Youngest F6B Rider
    Best Vanity Plate
    Best customized F6B

etc
    etc
    etc

Please post your suggestions, Thank You
    Lowest serial number.
    Bike with the highest mileage
    Newest F6B
    Prettiest Blue and Silver Goldwing

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Prettiest Blue and Silver Goldwing
    Great suggestion, I know of one that is coming in from Naples Florida

How about prettiest Goldwing instead

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.