HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed

HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed

Hey everyone,

I have been in contact with the folks at Honda of Russellville and need input from you guys and gals.

I am sure most of us are familiar with HOR's signature series paint, but not all of us had the option initially of buying from them, so we are discussing a possible new option:

Step 1: Choose a paint color.
    Step 2: HOR paints a new complete set of Tupperware that color.
    Step 3: Schedule a ride in to have HOR professionally swap all existing plastics for new same day, they would then keep the old plastics to offset costs. (I would imagine this could also be a mail swap though that defeats the instant and pro parts of the equation)

The HOR guys are interested in offering this service but would like input on A) Is this something you would be interested in either now or in the future? B) What do you feel would be a fair price for this type of service?

I feel like this would accomplish letting folks get new paint without the worry of wether or not the tear down and reassembly would be done right, and also get rid of the long downtime usually involved.

Thoughts?

I like it. Wish they had baby blue, the color of the new Valk.

I pasted their colors for everybody so you don't have to search.

http://s268.photobucket.com/user/sac...?sort=3&page=1

I like the idea too, no idea about the price. I would also be interested in painting some, if not all, dull black parts too. Or maybe hydro dipping them in carbon fiber pattern like Pete from BikeMP3 has done.

My black paint still looks good to me so this would be purely cosmetic for me.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    I like it. Wish they had baby blue, the color of the new Valk.
    They will paint 'em any color you want. All they need is the name of a Honda OEM color or a PPG paint code.

Mine is Honda Illusion Blue: (2nd one on the link) I am unaware of any other F6B in that same color.

Another member had his done in Cobra Blue:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...highlight=ford

I believe the official color of the new Valk is listed as 'metallic blue'. HOR can do that for ya!

(Actually, they have the same 3rd party that does all their trikes paint the 6's / wings / whatever)

it cost me $1856.00 at HOR to go from a Deluxe to an HR Signature bike. I am happy I did it. I was remembering my Valkyrie and even commented at work that I possibly (overall) might enjoy it more than the F6B. So I dug it out of the garage and got on it for the first time since getting home from Russelville. Wow! What was I thinking? I do still have a huge soft spot in my heart for the Valkyrie, but it drives like a Pig compared to my new ride. I was shocked at how many things just didnt seem right. Hell, even the gear shift felt like it was in the wrong place.
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Hey everyone,

The HOR guys are interested in offering this service but would like input on A) Is this something you would be interested in either now or in the future? B) What do you feel would be a fair price for this type of service?

Thoughts?
    Well, it's not too hard to figure out "about" what it would sell for based off the price of a Sig Series vs an all OEM bike.

There is a ~$1,900~ price spread between Sig and OEM, with Sig also including the addition/installation of clear turn sigs, a convertible baggershield, and base models get a center-stand.

I believe the trike company does all the installations now as that is where the painting occurs. Unclear if you would ride in, bike gets taken to trike company/returned, or if the swap would happen 'on site' by one of their Honda Techs. (Almost certain the trike 'assembly crew' doesn't draw the $/hr a Honda Tech does. It is AR after all,,,)

Swapping 'tins' via mail would have a deposit involved,,, Hard to say how much 'just the prep/paint/postage' would be if you swapped everything yourself,,,

It is definitely worth while...I would like to start off with a correctly painted BLACK F6B and see what that charge would be?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Sign me up if the price is right. I'm thinking $1000 but that might be wishful thinking. I'd like it to match my Jeep. OD GREEN.

Attachment 3886

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    It is definitely worth while...I would like to start off with a correctly painted BLACK F6B and see what that charge would be?
    A 'ride in in the AM, ride out in the PM' service should be 'do-able' if coordinated correctly.

Place a deposit on some 'tins', get 'em painted... Ride in/swap tins, get deposit back same day.

~$1700-$1900~ plus deposit????

"Dedicating" an employee for a day to perform a ride in-ride out service kinda screws up the trike shops schedule,,, But, like anything else,,, Mo $$ makes it happen.

The price would be a lot less for tins 'handed to you' for several obvious reasons...

Also have the unknown condition of the 'used' tins,,, So far, the trike shop has all new parts to prep/paint with the Sig Series bikes,,, Little dings and dangs on the old tins could add to the $$$

(I call 'em 'tins' even thought they're not 'metal,,, Too dayum much typing involved with 'tupperware'! LOL!)

Sounds okay if it works for you...I had mine done locally at dealer and love it so far..Cost was about $2000...HOR is to far for me and I did not know they painted bikes at the time...I for one, if my bike was not already painted, might be a little dubious about the arrangement,but it may work for some....Good Luck