HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed

Opas...might be a little dubious about the arrangement"

Whats your thinkin?

I think it is a great ideal.... making money is making money...the dealership would be foolish to not do a deal like this...all they have invested is a shop guy to do the swap, and one original set of tins......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Steve....I am always a little "dubious" about deals that I have not personally checked out for myself...I have no issues with the HOR deal for those that are interested, I just prefer to work locally and not with someone I do not know...If I lived closer to them and had a need to look into this arrangement I might "bite", but I am not...Just me I suppose, and my old fashioned ways...For those that have purchased painted bikes from HOR, I am sure they are happy with the bike as am I with mine.....I honestly cannot comment positive or negative on this idea until we hear from those who sent in their "tins" etc..and are satisfied with the arrangements.....

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Opas,

I understand your reluctance however ...

I speak with the General Manager of HOR periodically, I can tell you that HOR is a CLASS ACT with an extraordinary reputation. I know of several Goldwing owners that flew in to Arkansas to purchase their Goldwinds and Goldwing trikes, now I know of a few F6B owners and I can tell you from the experiences that everyone has had, HOR has always been good to everyone. They are a Business that you can purchase from with confidence, otherwise I would not have invited them to be part of this website. Just my 2 cents.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post

The HOR guys are interested in offering this service but would like input on A) Is this something you would be interested in either now or in the future? B) What do you feel would be a fair price for this type of service?
    As disappointed as I am with the OEM soft black paint, it will be very hard to justify spending what it will probably cost to have it redone. I'm assuming the cost will be > $1500. No, I will probably just continue to wax and polish until the paint wears thin and then, trade it in for another bike.

I have to say, this paint issue really blindsided me and I will be checking more closely on future purchases. I guess you just can't assume anymore that a manufacturer, with a good track record for quality, will not be tempted to sacrifice quality to enhance their short-term bottom line. I say short-term because I believe this kind of cost-cutting will hurt Honda sales long-term. So yes, they save a few bucks today but the customers they lose for future sales is the unanswered question. Does this not seem a very un-Japanese way of looking at things considering their history of thinking and planning long-term? That's how it strikes me.

Being a life long impulse buyer, it has been VERY hard for me to not sign on the line for a F6b, even though I would have to look at it for 4 months while making payments and paying for insurance. The one thought I have is pricing a repainted Black F6b from HOR and flying down to road trip it back to Wi.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Opas,

I understand your reluctance however ...

I speak with the General Manager of HOR periodically, I can tell you that HOR is a CLASS ACT with an extraordinary reputation. I know of several Goldwing owners that flew in to Arkansas to purchase their Goldwinds and Goldwing trikes, now I know of a few F6B owners and I can tell you from the experiences that everyone has had, HOR has always been good to everyone. They are a Business that you can purchase from with confidence, otherwise I would not have invited them to be part of this website. Just my 2 cents.
    I appreciate your position and if I ever buy another bike, which is doubtful at my age, (74), I would not hesitate to look into HOR..One issue is after sale service at some dealers. I have had lousy service , been lied to, and been shuffled to the wait list from local dealers that give you "crap" if the bike was not purchased from them...Granted Honda's don't often need repairs, but thanks again for the confidence in HOR.....

As they say on Shark Tank, 'I'm out'. My paint quality doesn't bother me THAT much.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    The painted tins are great for someone who doesn't really want 'all black', red, or yellow. (That would be me)

A new color can give your 'old' ride a whole new identity,,,

HOR offers a lifetime warranty on the custom paint. (At least they do on the Sig Series, not sure why they wouldn't do the same on all painted tins)

I do have a couple little 'blems' in my paint job, but very hard to see and they don't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Being a life long impulse buyer, it has been VERY hard for me to not sign on the line for a F6b, even though I would have to look at it for 4 months while making payments and paying for insurance. The one thought I have is pricing a repainted Black F6b from HOR and flying down to road trip it back to Wi.
    I totally agree with you choptop. I think the bike is pretty sharp and really thought about trading one of my wing's to get one but with the paint issues I can't justify getting one only to have to paint it before I'd be happy with it

If someone was to buy a new Honda F6B and before the bike got lots of dirt/bugs and miles on it just clear coated all the colored panels would the cost not be that bad?
    Ride it like you stole it