HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed

If you could get it in Japan and paint if before leaving maybe....mine looked like poopoo when I picked it up!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It occurred to me that HOR pricing was so far below MSRP that they actually were giving those signature series away for free. Mine got fog lights down low as well as the other things mentioned. ie; the bagger shield, clear turns signal lenses, front fender extension and that wonderful paint. All I need now is a destination for me and Old Spice. Possibly in April.
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    If someone was to buy a new Honda F6B and before the bike got lots of dirt/bugs and miles on it just clear coated all the colored panels would the cost not be that bad?
    A little off topic -

I appreciate those working to get Ma Honda to help with their poor paint issue, but in the interim -

I've done just that. 2 Coats of Turtle Black Wax and 2 coats of Liquid Glass, then maintained with Maxima Clear coat polish, and my paint has never looked so good.
    http://hondaf6b.com/album.php?albumi...achmentid=3893

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I still wonder how really serious this "paint issue" is?, or is it blown out of proportion by the complaints on this site vs. the number of bikes sold that the owners are satistifed with and just wax/polish as they need...Again, I don't need folks to "flame me" as my bike was painted before pick-up by my personal choice of a different color...Not because of any paint issues because I was not aware of any before I purchased my F6B....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I still wonder how really serious this "paint issue" is?, or is it blown out of proportion by the complaints on this site vs. the number of bikes sold that the owners are satistifed with and just wax/polish as they need...Again, I don't need folks to "flame me" as my bike was painted before pick-up by my personal choice of a different color...Not because of any paint issues because I was not aware of any before I purchased my F6B....
    I'm pretty much with you, Opa. I can't say for certain there is or is not a huge problem, but I do know the reports are not limited just to F6B's or 2013 yr. models.

The wifes OEM Black did get some hairline scratches on it. So did my Sig Series, but perhaps not as many/not as easy to see. She's at 2600 miles and I'm at 6200,,,
    Both purchased in Sept 12. Neither bike was ever polished or waxed till a week ago. (I use T-Wax ICE, a paint sealer, so technically, not 'waxed')
    I used a very mild Meguire's "Ultimate" polish (glaze). Hit the 'scratch' spots a couple times lightly w/it and then 'seal'.

Both look like new now. Undoubtedly, they will both need more of the same down the road, but we're not 'unhappy' with our paint.

Likewise, I'm certain there are OEM MC paint jobs out there that will take more abuse and look better doing it, but with just a little TLC, the paint our 6's ,,, so far,,, isn't worth complaining about.

I certainly hope everyone realizes there are different ways of keeping different paints looking good,,,, This certainly isn't the same paint we had 10-20 yrs ago,,If you haven't changed your paint care routine to match the type of paint on the vehicle, and you are having problems,,,eh, well,,, there's nothing wrong with doing some research.

This is a very good read:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...-of-soft-paint

I cant complain about my paint. I immediately coated the bike with a sealer after I bought it though. Bought a sealer and protection kit with my daughters lease Honda Civic. Works great on the bike.
    http://pc.ecpinc.net/productsPrograms.asp?C1=5 ECP Protector kit.

If I were to consider any aftermarket upgrade it would be a wrap and not a new paint job, and it would be all mat black. I had the denim red street glide and with that finish you never, ever wax it, it will ruin the finish. You simply wash it twice a year with really hot water.

I know it's personal preference, but I'm way more into riding than cleaning. My bikes often look bug layden and dusty. Like others on the thread I will wax it, eventually, and live with the looks. I buy toys to use them, not so much for their showroom looks.

I wish Honda had made the black model with all mat finish.

I do like looking at the perty pictures of those that have laid down 2K for custom paint! No denying the good looks of this bike in non OEM colors.

JB

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post

I do like looking at the perty pictures of those that have laid down 2K for custom paint! No denying the good looks of this bike in non OEM colors.

JB
    I'm not really a fan of black, black, with a little more black added to the black,,, The red just wasn't my choice either,,,

I tried 2 local dealers,,, neither one would match the HOR prices on OEM,,, In addition, they 'respectfully declined' to quote me a price that would be lower than MSRP/higher than HOR to compensate my travel costs from Houston to AR..

When you don't want the OEM colors,,, and 'any color you want' is ~10 hrs~ away for 1k under MSRP, and the local dealers won't even 'counter-quote' their OEM bikes to compete, jeez,,, the '2,000' for custom paint quickly starts to look more like 200, 20, or maybe just 2!

(We did buy a helmet from the local dealer though! )

As I said before, I had mine painted by choice before pick-up..Did I want to spend the cash, "Hell no", but it has been worth it to me so far as I really like the color of my bike. I would have much preferred to purchase a factory color, as I have done for over 50 years, as this is the first bike of many owned, that I have ever had painted...I was motivated to paint it because it will probably be my last bike as I am getting older and do not need to change bikes much anymore and frankly cannot afford it.(Thanks to the Obamacare BS) and his lies about keeping your old policy, which has nothing to do with this post, but I got a huge increase in premiums, thanks to him, and funds are being spend more wisely these days.....Anyhow, I truly understand those with paint issues as I, like most here, like my bike to look good and at my age I do spend a lot of time, too much, keeping the bike clean and shiney.......I do hope Honda finds a real solution as they face stiff competition from others that do not have paint problems..i.e, HD, Victory, Indian, etc....

Not intending to stir the pot or counter the argument being made by those who perceive a paint issue; has anyone tried matching serial numbers, manufactured dates or batch numbers to see if any correlation can be made? I have read most of the poor paint threads but didn't pick up on this kind of investigation.
    I can say I didn't anticipate as much work with aftermarket wax and clear coat protectors to maintain my paint, but I'm anal about that stuff any way.
    I also recently got a black car and its equally difficult to take care of so for me, learning how to deal with a black paint was most of the challenge.
    I also would not let this issue keep me from recommending this bike to others.
    I hope you all find a solution that makes you happy.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe