HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed

All I know is I've owned many bikes over the years, in many colors, and I NEVER waxed any of them and they looked great! This bike looks like complete and total

The only reason it doesn't bother me so much is because it's such a great bike and I love it, despite the worst paint I've ever seen on any vehicle I've ever owned. You can tell me how to polish, wax, spit shine or whatever to make it look good but I shouldn't have to do that to keep it looking good. That's over and above normal care for me. I had a black Suzuki and never did anything but wash and dry it and it always looked showroom new.

Don't try to tell me there's nothing wrong with this paint. It's piss poor (even cats don't like it) and Honda should be as embarrassed as I am when anyone looks at my bike closely. It's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrtwizard View Post
    I totally agree with you choptop. I think the bike is pretty sharp and really thought about trading one of my wing's to get one but with the paint issues I can't justify getting one only to have to paint it before I'd be happy with it
    It would seem that not everybody has issues w/da paint. I think the trick is to get a nice new one, follow some of the procedures some of the guys go threw w/wax, sealer... and such and keep on top of it. The paint issues will not keep me from getting one. But thats just this cheese heads opinion.lol

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    If I were to consider any aftermarket upgrade it would be a wrap and not a new paint job, and it would be all mat black. I had the denim red street glide and with that finish you never, ever wax it, it will ruin the finish. You simply wash it twice a year with really hot water.

I know it's personal preference, but I'm way more into riding than cleaning. My bikes often look bug layden and dusty. Like others on the thread I will wax it, eventually, and live with the looks. I buy toys to use them, not so much for their showroom looks.

I wish Honda had made the black model with all mat finish.

I do like looking at the perty pictures of those that have laid down 2K for custom paint! No denying the good looks of this bike in non OEM colors.

JB
    JB, I had a denim blue street glide! I also looked into the wrap idea but it will cost almost as much as a paint job and will only last a year or two. And after baking in the AZ sun I'm guessing it will be nearly impossible to remove, so you'll have to put wrap over wrap over wrap over wrap to keep it looking good for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Not intending to stir the pot or counter the argument being made by those who perceive a paint issue; has anyone tried matching serial numbers, manufactured dates or batch numbers to see if any correlation can be made? I have read most of the poor paint threads but didn't pick up on this kind of investigation.

In answer to your question...Yes...I suggested this matter more than 8 months ago, to have those forum members that do believe they have bad paint on their bikes, to supply the forum with the last 4 numbers of their VIN, and the Manufacture Date, so we could see if there was any connection to any of these bad paint jobs.

A couple of us supplied that info, and then it died.

Like a freight train....

Man this thread derailled in a hurry.

This wasn't intended to be another thread about paint quality, as I have stated before I don't really even have an issue at this point.

My thoughts in contacting HOR was more to get an option for those who want a color that isn't black or red, but already own a bike. It also would work great for those that DO have a paint problem.

I would rather personally spend 2 weeks making a road trip out of things with one day laid over in Russellville than surrender my bike to a shop for 3 weeks and hope they happen to also be good at disassembly and reassembly of an F6B. That is what got my brain turning on this.

I posted here because HOR asked me to try and get input on wether other folks who might be considering paint would also view the ride/swap as a viable option.

Okay, then...back on the train tracks......I would be a candidate for having HOR do a repaint of my bike, in one of the several ways discussed.

So if we are looking for numbers, to report back to HOR, I am in.

Personally, I would do the ride out to HOR, on my way East to one of those get togethers those folks in Florida or North carolina like to host....and on the way out, I would have it pre-arranged with HOR to have all the painted parts ready for me, to do a swap of all the painted tupperware. Spend a day or two in Russellville, and leave when it is all back together.

I would do a road trip to HOR just because I would love a yellow F6B. I think a good clear coat would do wonders.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post

This wasn't intended to be another thread about paint quality, as I have stated before I don't really even have an issue at this point.

My thoughts in contacting HOR was more to get an option for those who want a color that isn't black or red, but already own a bike. It also would work great for those that DO have a paint problem.

I would rather personally spend 2 weeks making a road trip out of things with one day laid over in Russellville than surrender my bike to a shop for 3 weeks and hope they happen to also be good at disassembly and reassembly of an F6B. That is what got my brain turning on this.

I posted here because HOR asked me to try and get input on wether other folks who might be considering paint would also view the ride/swap as a viable option.
    Sorry about that, Mike.
    If I were to find myself unhappy or wanting a color change, I'd say no to the paint - part exchange. Not that it's a bad idea; although all alternatives will be costly, I'm a DIYer and would likely have painted locally.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I already have my bike painted as noted in previous posts, but as said above, no,... I would not be interested as I would prefer to have the paint done locally...HOR, I am sure does a nice job, but too far away for me....Regards....

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post

I think for most people its what is the price.If you get a price I think you would get a better number on who would get it done and who would not
    Ride it like you stole it