HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HOR Custom Paint Option - Input Needed

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    I think for most people its what is the price.If you get a price I think you would get a better number on who would get it done and who would not
    Price is one of the things that is up for discussion. I felt that the $1200-$1500 people are being quoted local would be a good starting point and told HOR that but haven't heard anything back yet since that was Saturday afternoon. My thinking is that this would be a trade off of local but 3 week wait vs. Non local but no real downtime. I highly doubt it will be cheaper than local.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Pretty sure HOR established the exact cost of such the process, meaning drop the bike at the trike shop, pick it back up, etc. 99% sure the trike guys are installing all the Sig-Series farkles as well. "Turn-key" Sigs, BUT, the question the Vendor needs answered is seldom 'how much does it cost me?' as much as it is 'how much will I be able to sell it for?'

So again,,, they have been doing this already for approx. ~2k~, installed, with some added farkles thrown in.

IMHO, $1,200 for paint only, ride in/ride out installed, may not be 'attractive' enough to the trike shop/HOR.

Quite a few hands in the pot, so to speak,,, HOR would get it's 'finders fee',,, trike shop would have to split up what's left after expenses,,,

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    My thinking is that this would be a trade off of local but 3 week wait vs. Non local but no real downtime. I highly doubt it will be cheaper than local.
    Agree.

I'm interested and would take the trip for the exchange if the price were right.Until a projected price point is posted it is hard to say if I would do it.

Shortcut to Sanding

Do you think HOR is sanding all these panels, or is there a shortcut since the panels are new?

I have ridden through there a half dozen times, and stopped in 2 or 3 times. Ya know how get a "feeling" your in a good dealership, well thats what I had, and it does not come easy for me! They are going to be at the top of my list if I buy a new bike and/or have it painted... I also think they are a top notch operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Okay, then...back on the train tracks......I would be a candidate for having HOR do a repaint of my bike, in one of the several ways discussed.

So if we are looking for numbers, to report back to HOR, I am in.

Personally, I would do the ride out to HOR, on my way East to one of those get togethers those folks in Florida or North carolina like to host....and on the way out, I would have it pre-arranged with HOR to have all the painted parts ready for me, to do a swap of all the painted tupperware. Spend a day or two in Russellville, and leave when it is all back together.
    Agree 100%. Heck I've saddled up and traveled farther for no reason at all, so this would be a destination trip!

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Do you think HOR is sanding all these panels, or is there a shortcut since the panels are new?
    They would have to or the paint will not adhere to the panels.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    They would have to or the paint will not adhere to the panels.
    Why sand down the OEM painted panels...when all they have to do is wash those panels, and the original paint will come off

Twas meant to be a joke

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Why sand down the OEM painted panels...when all they have to do is wash those panels, and the original paint will come off

Twas meant to be a joke

My bike is now "primer gray" from washing and waxing it so much. 2 more weeks to paint, I can't wait!!!