Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Not sure what to do with the hole.

DS....put some hair around it !

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

Some of us GoldWing owners have a spoiler on our trunks, have you looked into maybe installing one? the foot might just fit over it.

Look into a 1500 or a 1800 version and see if it works. If it is too short, just cut it in half and have a fiberglass expert create a spacer then repaint the whole thing. I have done this with a 2002 Toyota Celica trunk spoiler on another motorcycle of mine. I actually cut 30 inches out of the center, looks factory if done right. Just my 2 cents.

Look at one of these ...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/re...FQjxOgodO1sASg

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Phantom, I can tell you that Steve and I have individually been looking into this idea for about 9 months now. We have talked in person about it, and I have taken the idea to a couple of our sponsoring vendors, with the thought of having them, or one of their suppliers build a rear deck spoiler, with built in brake/run lights to fit the F6B. We have gone to the effort of trying a spoiler form a GL-1500....does not fit. We tried a spiler from a GL-1800...does not fit. I then tried a spoiler from a Honda Helix....does not fit. The issue is the positioning of the spiler feet, and the angle at which they contact the rear deck.

My suggestion to a couple of our forum sponsor vendors is to utilize the current antenna hole, cover it with the new rear deck spoiler, and.....route a flexible FM and/or CB antenna up through that same hole, so that the antenna lays inside the new rear deck spoiler.

For those of us that do not use a rear rack....the rear deck of the F6B just begs for a lighted spoiler, just like on the trunks of the GL-1500's and GL-1800's. I have checked to see that when using my Kuryakyn Gran Traveler bag on the back seat area of the bike, I still have room for a rear deck spoiler.

I am continuing to check in with these sponsoring vendors to see if they can...and will...have this made for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

Fox Tail or worse. You been in the NW woods too long.. Ha
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.