BikeMP3 F6B CB Enable Kit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BikeMP3 F6B CB Enable Kit

BikeMP3 F6B CB Enable Kit

Just finished installing BikeMP3's CB Enable Kit and it works like a charm. The only thing (and this is really minor) is you really don't need to install the CB's filters that come with the 2001-2010 CB; I spent the better part of an hour looking for a connection that didn't exist, but at least I was determined to find it. After all the connections were made, I ran a SWR meter test and all channels were below 1.5 on the SWR meter so I feel pretty good that I'm not going to blow out the finals.

When installing just follow Pete's directions on his You Tube video and your won't have any problems. I'm not an electrician by any means, but I can check for voltage and continuity, and that's all you really need to know how to do to install the kit. Pretty simple actually.

Can't wait to try it out with my Goldwinger's group (we use the CB alot when we ride).

Thanks Pete for making a quality product.

Awesome news, I plan to make this purchase very soon.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

what channel?

is there a specific channel most riders use?

might be handy for sharing road/weather conditions that the oncoming groups had recently been through
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Channel 1

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post

might be handy for sharing road/weather conditions that the oncoming groups had recently been through
    As far as I know the Goldwingers (GWRRA) all use Channel 1 - at least all the ones here on the west coast. Not sure about the Harley guys.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post

Ch. 1 on east coast. However sometimes we switch to CH. 40 so the Gl1800 cb radio does not overload the receiver on the GL1500 radios. This is done when the 1500 riders say they are receiving muffled audio.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    Just finished installing BikeMP3's CB Enable Kit and it works like a charm. The only thing (and this is really minor) is you really don't need to install the CB's filters that come with the 2001-2010 CB; I spent the better part of an hour looking for a connection that didn't exist, but at least I was determined to find it. After all the connections were made, I ran a SWR meter test and all channels were below 1.5 on the SWR meter so I feel pretty good that I'm not going to blow out the finals.

When installing just follow Pete's directions on his You Tube video and your won't have any problems. I'm not an electrician by any means, but I can check for voltage and continuity, and that's all you really need to know how to do to install the kit. Pretty simple actually.

Can't wait to try it out with my Goldwinger's group (we use the CB alot when we ride).

Thanks Pete for making a quality product.

What type and placement to antenna did you use? On my home brew CB I used a stealth antenna. See Deer Slayer F6B radio active post. Only draw back is limited range on transmit. However on receive no problems.
    Deer Slayer

Fire stick antenna

I used a 2 foot fire stick antenna and fabricated my own mount.....boy there is not a lot of room under that rear bonnet, but we managed. I basically used the FM antenna mount with a fabricated bracket for the CB antenna after removing the FM antenna. Haven't had a chance to test the range just yet. So far it seems to work fine.

As for music I mounted a satellite radio to the right handlebar. I never did listen to the regular radio anyway! So I now have the CB, satellite radio and the USB. I will never be bored!

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    I used a 2 foot fire stick antenna and fabricated my own mount.....boy there is not a lot of room under that rear bonnet, but we managed. I basically used the FM antenna mount with a fabricated bracket for the CB antenna after removing the FM antenna. Haven't had a chance to test the range just yet. So far it seems to work fine.

As for music I mounted a satellite radio to the right handlebar. I never did listen to the regular radio anyway! So I now have the CB, satellite radio and the USB. I will never be bored!
    Thanks for the info. I plan to do in the FM antenna, not sure what to do with the hole.
    Deer Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Not sure what to do with the hole.

DS....put some hair around it !

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    DS....put some hair around it !

Some of us GoldWing owners have a spoiler on our trunks, have you looked into maybe installing one? the foot might just fit over it.

Look into a 1500 or a 1800 version and see if it works. If it is too short, just cut it in half and have a fiberglass expert create a spacer then repaint the whole thing. I have done this with a 2002 Toyota Celica trunk spoiler on another motorcycle of mine. I actually cut 30 inches out of the center, looks factory if done right. Just my 2 cents.

Look at one of these ...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/re...FQjxOgodO1sASg

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.