New member, just ordered my '13 Red F6BDD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member, just ordered my '13 Red F6BDD

Quote Originally Posted by fatrboy View Post
    Hello everyone, Fatrboy here. Greetings from Lake County, Nor. Cal. In about 7 to 10 days I will have my Red F6B in my garage after long ride home from dealer. I am a retired Power Plant Operator, 60 years young, and ready to ride my new stead. I got the motorcycle bug at 11 years old. While on vacation I got to sneak a ride on a mighty Honda P-50 ( peddle 50 ). To feel that wind in my face at 30 mph, hooked me on motorcycles the rest of my life. I have owned a few motorcycles the last 45 years. Here are the ones I remember:

2004 Road Star Silverado ( just sold )
    2001 Gold Wing GL 1800
    1997 Valkyrie Tourer Custom
    1975 GL 1000
    1983 Yamaha Venture Royal
    1981 Yamaha XS 1100 Special
    1979 Yamaha XS 1100
    1976 Honda 750 Sport
    1972 Yamaha 360 Enduro
    1969 Honda CB 350 Scrambler
    1970 Yamaha 250

I was a proud member of the VRCC. I consider the F6B a Super Valk! I do love the looks of the 2014 Valkrie. I look forward to meeting you at a ride. Looking forward to more time in the forum. Good Riding, Fatrboy
    Another welcome from the East Coast, Fatrboy! Looks like we have some things in common...I started off working for the power company as an electrical engineer and like you, I was a previous Valkyrie, Goldwing, and Venture Royale owner. I had a lot of dirt bikes too. BTW, I sure never missed that Venture. Talk about top heavy ! This is one of the things that makes the F6B so special... the low CG. You're going to love it, I'm sure! Welcome to a great bike and a great group of riders!

Congrats and welcome aboard!
    Now, the NW Gathering is in July . . . . .

Welcome Fatrboy to the F6B family-You will love this bike.My last ride was a 05 Silverado Roadstar after 20 years of many Goldwings.This F6B is the most fun I have had on any ride in the last 40 Years.I see you were a Power Plant operator.I retired from Pacific Gas and Electric a few years back.The first few years of my employ with them I too was a Power Plant Operator-Two years at a old oil burner PP in SF before they retired it and two years in Lake county at the geothermal plants before PG&E stopped working them and went private contractor.Spent the last 26 years as a Service Tech in SF.Lived in Santa Rosa for 30 years with a long commute and retired to Dayton,NV near Carson City.Since you have all the free time now you should come up to our West coast F6B gathering in Oregon in July.Enjoy your new ride and hope to see you on the road one day soon.

Welcome, Fatrboy, to the Forum from Texas.. also an Ex-Power Plant worker in Washngton State. (many years ago) I hope that you are as crazy about your new ride as most of us are.
    Blotar