BIG Props To SuperBrace
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BIG Props To SuperBrace

BIG Props To SuperBrace

I purchased a SuperBrace from Wingstuff.When I was installing the dust/fork covers I dropped one and when I stepped back crush I stepped on it.
    I called SuperBrace on Monday and a Scott picked up and I told him the story and he just laughed.When I offered to buy a new cover Scott said email me your address I will send them
    out to you FREE.Well I got them today from CA to me in NJ.I just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to SuperBrace for great service and a great product
    Ride it like you stole it

Awesome!

That's great service for a well made product.

Great customer service. Question is the brace really worth it? Can you tell the difference in handling? I've been thinking about it, this is my 3rd wing I didn't do it on my other ones because I never really had any issues with handling or wobble or anything like that. Curious to hear some reviews from those that have it on there F6B's

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Great customer service. Question is the brace really worth it? Can you tell the difference in handling? I've been thinking about it, this is my 3rd wing I didn't do it on my other ones because I never really had any issues with handling or wobble or anything like that. Curious to hear some reviews from those that have it on there F6B's
    Sorry no test ride for a few more weeks.Bike is all apart for Winter mods.Some people said they noticed a difference with handling and some said they felt no difference I
    will have to wait and see for myself

No question Wing Stuff is a first class operation run by first class people....my question is how/why did the brace break "just" by being stepped on unless you are a over sized person or just a freak accident ???

I use the Kuryakan unit and believe it does stiffen up the front forks especially at slow speeds, and is worth the money !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No question Wing Stuff is a first class operation run by first class people....my question is how/why did the brace break "just" by being stepped on unless you are a over sized person or just a freak accident ???

I use the Kuryakan unit and believe it does stiffen up the front forks especially at slow speeds, and is worth the money !!!
    Steve you have to attach 2 dust/fork covers on the SuperBrace.I dropped just 1 of the covers not the brace and when I stepped back it was under my foot

For those that asked the question about whether a fork brace helps or not.........

I used to use a fork brace on a lot of my bikes back in "the" days, like my 3 Honda ST-1100s, my 2 Honda GL-1500s, etc, etc. And I even used one on my first 2 GL-1800s, but not on the 3rd one. On all those bikes, I always went with the Superbrace brand. Good quality product, and as we already know...it is sold through WingStuff.

On this F6B, after the first 20,000 miles, I decided to add the Kuryakyn fork brace, also sold through WingStuff, and I am quite pleased with the difference it makes. The most noticeable changes are at slow speed parking lot manuevers, and at very high speed radical curves in the twisties. Really holds the front forks in a tighter line, with less flex of the forks.

As usual, to each his or her own, and...YMMV, but I like this product. If you want to avoid dropping one of the dust shields ....get a Kuryakyn brand one, like Steve and I have done, as the dust shields are built in to the brace. And it is powder-coated a very high gloss black.

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=fork+brace

I just completed an installation video for SuperBrace which should now appear on their website. It is super easy to install yourself in under 15 minutes. A local F6B rider brought his bike by to let me do the install and he emailed me when he got home to tell me how much better his bike handled after the SuperBrace was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    I can tell you that on my 2012 Goldwing the SuperBrace does make a difference, especially in low-speed handling. Like, when you need to make a tight u-turn. The front end feels much more planted and stable. A SuperBrace is the least expensive thing you can do to firm up the front end of your bike.