Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

View Poll Results: Did you convert from a Wing to an F6B?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 24.51%
  • No

194 75.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes and No

I have owned a 1200 Wing, and two 1500 Wings, then I switched to Valkyries ( a 98, 99 and the last year made 2003). I then converted to the F6B. I am very pleased with the F6, it is one of the finest bikes I have ever owned.

I had one of the first Goldwings I think..1975 4 cylinder 900cc if I remember correctly..It was a nice bike but it and I did not agree, so I traded it for a 1976 Honda 750 Supersport with handled much better and was a lot lighter...I traded a Victory Vision Tour for my F6B and so far have absolutely no regrets....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No. The F6B is my first 'Wing...

I had absolutely no interest whatsoever in a full dress Goldwing before.

Still not interested in a full dress Goldwing due to seating position and no need for a trunk. (No need for a lot of the 'electro-gizmo's on a 'Wing either) Very happy with my 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    No. The F6B is my first 'Wing...

I had absolutely no interest whatsoever in a full dress Goldwing before.

Still not interested in a full dress Goldwing due to seating position and no need for a trunk. (No need for a lot of the 'electro-gizmo's on a 'Wing either) Very happy with my 6!
    This was me too, had no interest in the full Wing either. Still don't, the F6B is just about perfect for me, even better than I had hoped.

This is my first wing. The ST1300 I sold to buy the f6b was the closest thing to a wing I had owned till now.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I had one of the first Goldwings I think..1975 4 cylinder 900cc if I remember correctly..
    Opas Ride, you are correct that the very first Goldwing was a 1975, and a 4 cylinder, but they were classified as a 1000cc engine, not a 900cc.

Close...so you still get the cigar

My progression is below...
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never had one and if you had asked me a year ago if I would buy one I would have said hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Never had one and if you had asked me a year ago if I would buy one I would have said hell no.
    Yeah,...that!

First bike was a Honda 160 Dream and wish I had kept it,Then a CX 500 was a great and fun ride.Next was a Honda 71 750/4 and at the time it was my dream machine.Mix in a Kawi 750 triple and a Kawi 900 which I tried to kill myself on many times.But then I saw a 1975 turquiose GL 1000.All my buddies were still riding sport bikes and thought at my young age of 25 why would I want a old man bike.I put full Vetter gear on her and that bike took me all over the country.That is another ride I wish I still had.From then on I was a Gold wing nut.

81 Gl 1100 Interstate
    85 Gl 1200 Aspencade
    89 1500
    95 1500

Then I went and got a 05 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado as I wanted to experience the V-Twin thing.Gave her a Maxair intake,V&H powershot exhaust,Ultimate saddle and rode many miles on her.Bike was rock solid and never gave me a ouce of problem but I was getting tired of all the noise and yearned for a tour type bike again.Being 6'5" and over the 300# mark I never felt comfortable on the full dress 1800 wings so I was looking to get a Victory Vision as sitting on one and riding it the bike seem to fit me well.But then I saw that Honda was coming out with the F6B.I waited to see what it was all about and boy am I glad I did.One sit on her and a hour later the deal was sealed.I rode my Black beauty home with a s**t eating grin on my face and it returns every time I swing my leg over her.By far the most fun of any bike I have owned and I really don't know how anything could out do this one for me.