Suspension
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension

Suspension

Has anyone upgraded their suspension, front or rear, besides the fork brace?Cosmetically, I'm pretty much done with the F6.

BigO, get in touch with Dale (hondabikepro) on the forum, as he has made changes to his rear spring.

Front

I added Progressive Suspension fork springs to the front forks and that made a great improvement on the front. I am going to add a stiffer spring on the rear shock later on down the road. Both ends are under sprung IMO.

Hornblower has Traxxion on the front …

I am waiting till March for the Progressive F6B mono tubes to come onto the market
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post

I am waiting till March for the Progressive F6B mono tubes to come onto the market
    Yep, Big Dawg set me up with Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridges. This takes care of the rather "whimpy" stock fork springs and greatly improves the damping. The rear shock is pretty decent as is, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post

What Steve said.

Thanks guy's, I'll probably go with Progressive, since it greatly improved my 1500, before I traded up for the F6.

Do any of these changes lower the overall height of the bike, be nice to flat foot the bike at lite, the only thing the Harley was better at.
    ss^,
    Ken

There is a write up here under Progessive...I had the 1" lower Progressives installed and love it!!! You can see them with our vendor Wing Stuff and I did a review there as well. They do take the harshness out of bumps and the bike seems more sure footed as well....

I had a little over $600 invested between the shocks and install done by the local Honda Shop!!!! Sweet!!!!!

*note....I don't pay shop hours at a dealership...I ask how much???$$$$ and that is all I pay if we make the deal...I don't like shop hour billing!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Race Tech Gold Valves

Just installed the Race Tech gold valves. I sent the suspension in and had them re-valve and re-spring. I've used Race Tech for all my road racing bikes, they literally wrote the book on suspension. Just went out for the first ride with the new suspension and no more wallowing in the turns. Straight up is very plush like a Lincoln Town Car, at full lean it tracks like my sport bike.

Never cruel nor cowardly, never give up, never give in.