Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Yesterday I posted my avatar, the '90 Fl w/Ultima 127 engine and the Roadstar Warrior, in front of my Shtbr. Last July 18th my Warrior rode off w/another rider in the saddle, I was sad but I still had the Shtbk, that same evening I took the Shtbk for a leisurely ride and developed an engine noise, not metal to metal noise that developed about 4 years ago, that required a complete rebuild, but a , or so I thought, a less expensive noise. That was the last time I rode the harley or any other bike. Took the bike to a local harley mechanic and got the call today, engine is terminal, as bad as before, less than 5,000 miles ago, I don't beat on my bikes, I am pissed, an engine should not have to major issues in less than 10,000 miles, but yes it is a high performance, high lift cam and the is hard on an engine. I will not rebuild the engine. I figured I could get 8-9 for it in the spring, running, now I don't know if I should get what I can for it on Craigs list or put it in the corner and look for a engine for it, in the future. Either way, when the grass is green and the birds are singing, the F6b will be in front of the Shtbr.

WOW!!!! That sux huge !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Good luck brother with your F6B !
    I will never buy a another Harley-Davidson
    By buddy had to have a 2014 street glide, it's a slow poke but it does shake good at a light
    Ok he's done

I wish I knew what Shtbk meant

Me too!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    shtbr = Sh!t bar,
    shtbk = Sh!t bike

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Ain't the internet great!??!!??

The Shtbr/Shtl was an old barn w/open lean to on da side. I converted the lean to into the Shtbr (Shitbar) and the barn into a sleeping quarters, the Shtl (Shitel). My Harley, had a lot of issues when I first got it, it's the Shtbk, my old '70 camper is the Shtbx, you notice a theme here. lol Second to last pic is of the Shtl/Shtbr after I pulled out da manure spreader and started to work on it.

Been there

I agree with mustang jake. H-ds are o.k. Within their limits. You put lots of money in to make ,em run, and you have shorter engine life, or a grenade-no more for me, love my f6!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Ain't the internet great!??!!??

The Shtbr/Shtl was an old barn w/open lean to on da side. I converted the lean to into the Shtbr (Shitbar) and the barn into a sleeping quarters, the Shtl (Shitel). My Harley, had a lot of issues when I first got it, it's the Shtbk, my old '70 camper is the Shtbx, you notice a theme here. lol Second to last pic is of the Shtl/Shtbr after I pulled out da manure spreader and started to work on it.

And sometimes you wish you had just not hit enter. Ya, the bike has given me more than my share of problems, I just don't like to give up on or get rid of things, well ex wife's is a different story.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    ... I just don't like to give up on or get rid of things, well ex wife's is a different story.
    And ex husbands. Some things just don't come with a warranty.
    "If it moves, paint it."